OHH Tec 5.5, 6.0, 6.5 difference?

How in tarnation did That injun guy get different HP ratings from the same bore and stroke.:confused:
I looked around the net and still am dumbfounded. Please enlighten me oh great ones?:anon.sml:

Old ancient Mini-Bike proverb says.....
Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction, brought him back!

How in tarnation did That injun guy get different HP ratings from the same bore and stroke.:confused:
I looked around the net and still am dumbfounded. Please enlighten me oh great ones?:anon.sml:

Old ancient Mini-Bike proverb says.....
Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction, brought him back!
I wondered the same the other day as I was fuming over the Tec on Gangsta. The only thing I can think of is the choice of carb. I looked up the cams and almost all iterations have the same part number though brand specific engines (Toro) may have different cam part numbers. I was afraid mixing an OHH60 (6hp) crank with OH195 (5.5 hp) cam was causing my problem but that seems not to be the case given the feedback members gave me on the non adjustable carb I was trying to use.

Hey Doc, a couple of us here are thinking it's a carb thing too, but we don't have any proof.
I hope someone sounds off on this and sends us in the right direction.
Maybe this was covered before on a thread, but I have not seen it.
Just curious before we start disecting and frankensteining. It's alive!!!

Hey Doc, a couple of us here are thinking it's a carb thing too, but we don't have any proof.
I hope someone sounds off on this and sends us in the right direction.
Maybe this was covered before on a thread, but I have not seen it.
Just curious before we start disecting and frankensteining. It's alive!!!
It may be the RPM their rated at , are they the same or do they vary a little . It wouldn't take much to change the motors a half HP or so .
You both make good points...the engines specs I looked at all seem to have the engine at 3600 rpm max. I really suspect it's the carb/throttle control. Fixed speed engines probably are set around 2000 rpm which would fit David's scenario. Lever control variable speed engines for say snow blowers could run a little more/less and then the RV application engines could go to 6hp at 3600. As an example, when I converted a Honda "5hp" GC160 from fixed to RV control with an adjustable carb the engine roared to life with oodles of torque.

So I'm being stupid and building another one of these out of 4 different engines, so we'll see what the Frankenstein Indian Princess does. Must be the season, eh?