Oldminibikes?

Does anyone else think its odd that the largest and most popular vintage minibike website has been over run with modern, poor made, under powered minibikes. And clone engines?

What happened to the old spirit of America? Classics and well built american made minibikes? American made motors?

:eek:ut::eek:ut::eek:ut::eek:ut::eek:ut::eek:ut::eek:ut::eek:ut::eek:ut::eek:ut::eek:ut::eek:ut::eek:ut::eek:ut:

Does anyone else think its odd that the largest and most popular vintage minibike website has been over run with modern, poor made, under powered minibikes. And clone engines?

What happened to the old spirit of America? Classics and well built american made minibikes? American made motors?

:eek:ut::eek:ut::eek:ut::eek:ut::eek:ut::eek:ut::eek:ut::eek:ut::eek:ut::eek:ut::eek:ut::eek:ut::eek:ut::eek:ut:
I don't think it's odd Josh. I think it's SAD!

it's just the same as cars! a new generation , why buy old when you can get new , why not improve the old with new . old frame new motor , clones and honda's are one pull motors parts everywhere, dependable . it's like putting a newer LS style big block in an old car notting wrong with the old but it is nice to have a new one. plus the prices for some of the old (vintage) stuff is sometimes too much or over priced for the average hobbyist.

I don't know Josh? I think it's just the sign of the times. As for me, I have no interest in the new stuff. Another thing is a lot of the older people that have this American Iron don't get online so you never see it. But all younger people are online. My Dad did not get a PC until just last year. And this is I think the 1st. web site he ever found. So I'm sure "or would think anyways" that there's more people out there then we are aware of. There's a Father & Son only about 10 miles from me that are heavily involved with Rupps and Cushmans but neither one gets on line? Hard to believe I know.
Randy

i don't really have any interest in vintage bikes and am not into the resto bikes at all. i'd rather spend my money trying to go faster.

i also don't see how you could call the DB poorly made. it's a whole lot nicer than any of the other minis i've had.

Josh : It is just impatience for all things ,a fast burger, a drive through life. take it out of the box and ride. And the places even require that the mini be assembled by them.
Research VS price just pop down the plastic and your all set. No busted knuckles, no rust ,no messy paint, no old grease. But one thing still exists a bunch of OLD OLD real OLD FARTS that won't let go of memories of cheap fun, the thrill, the ear to ear smiles people get with a pull of a rope.
Steve :scooter:

tomsprops

This is a Silly Post ! Minibiking is just that, Minibiking ! The guy's in the DB section are just as Passionate and creative as the vintage guy's are about thier bikes . I get as excited about my 2HP Briggs powered Frijolie as I do about OHV 20+HP race mini's ! My Taco's are as much fun as my DB's !
We've already seen how alot of guy's get a DB30 for thier kids and end up with the vintage mini's for themselves as well !
I don't really see what this post has to offer ? :thumbdown:

But one thing still exists a bunch of OLD OLD real OLD FARTS that won't let go of memories of cheap fun, the thrill, the ear to ear smiles people get with a pull of a rope.
Steve :scooter:
Maybe the "Old Farts" could quit hoarding over the boat loads of vintage minis they keep locked in their basements, garages, and workshops. How many on here have numerous vintage minis in their possesion which never get ridden? Maybe if some vintage iron were infused into the marketplace people wouldn't be so reliant on "Chinese crap.":thumbsup:

Another thing, Josh. Lets face it, with the exception of your bike and maybe a few others theses ohv engines will smoke our flatheads. If people like my Dad and Steve started using them, Well they would all end up in the hospital with broken hips:scooter:

I have a MTD with a clone.
I also have a 61 Chevy Apache w/ a 350 SBC.
Too bad I cant slam the hood down to hide the clone.:wink:

Kinda funny none of this probably would be happening w/o our modern friend the internet. Ebay...Craigslist..
Too bad you cant just pick up the old rotary-dial phone and call up Sears or Wards and see if they have any minis on the floor.:smile:

Maybe the "Old Farts" could quit hoarding over the boat loads of vintage minis they keep locked in their basements, garages, and workshops. How many on here have numerous vintage minis in their possesion which never get ridden?

I have lot's that don't get ridden. New bikes suck and so do modified ones. Great post by Josh Howard. So true.

Ratbike

I have a MTD with a clone.
I also have a 61 Chevy Apache w/ a 350 SBC.
Too bad I cant slam the hood down to hide the clone.:wink:

Kinda funny none of this probably would be happening w/o our modern friend the internet. Ebay...Craigslist..
Too bad you cant just pick up the old rotary-dial phone and call up Sears or Wards and see if they have any minis on the floor.:smile:
Good point!

Ratbike

Maybe the "Old Farts" could quit hoarding over the boat loads of vintage minis they keep locked in their basements, garages, and workshops. How many on here have numerous vintage minis in their possesion which never get ridden?

I have lot's that don't get ridden. New bikes suck and so do modified ones. Great post by Josh Howard. So true.
Funny thing about opinions....they vary.

Ratbike

Another thing, Josh. Lets face it, with the exception of your bike and maybe a few others theses ohv engines will smoke our flatheads. If people like my Dad and Steve started using them, Well they would all end up in the hospital with broken hips:scooter:
Unfortunately, technology seems to always win. Can't stop a land slide. I pick my battles. People will always do what they want....

Putting new engines into old cars is what hot rodding is based on. Why shouldn't it apply to minibikes too. In most cases it is a bolt in operation with a minibike and if you do want to put an original engine back in there is no harm done to the frame. I have a 5hp H50 Tecumseh in my BC1300T and a 5hp Honda GC160 in another BC1300 frame both geared the same. The Honda will do wheelies taking off and runs away from the Tecumseh. But my favorite is still the original one.

I did not make this post to start any fights. Im tired of fighting it. When i fist came here, like the name "oldminibikes.com" it was all about old minibikes. It even says it on the homepage "OldMiniBikes.com is a free resource for vintage mini bike enthusiasts" Now every other post is about new china stuff. I know alot of people dont care about america or americans, and dont care to support american products that keep americans working. See what our country is going through now. My whole point was this Vintage minibike site has just turned into a minibike site. Its no longer a place for old schoolers to go and talk old minibikes. I use to read every single post here. Now i just surf and find a title thats doesnt include the word DB, clone, or honda. I just miss the way it use to be. And i wanted to see where people stand. Thats the reason for this post.

If people want to buy, fix, sell, ride the china stuff thats on them. But why not go start up your own site. Cloneminibikes.com and dont bring it here to Oldminibikes.com. There is nothing Vintage, or Old about a DB minibike or clone engine.