Oldminibikes?

So to the people that dont get it. Why here at Oldminibikes.com? I know its modern times and its all about cheap and easy. But why here? This is a Vintage minibike site. Look at the name again. Oldminibikes.com.

Amen!!!
you are absolutely right about buying chinese shit & why this country is going to shit!!!
They even sell us food & drywall with poison in it & nobody has a fit about it!!
WAKE UP AMERICA!!!!!!!!!

I don't own a DB or clone, nor do I have the desire to do so..... but those who do are simply taking part in a good ole American hobby. If there were an American company out there currently mass producing new, reasonably priced, mini bikes I assume they would be bought and enjoyed. I don't see anything Un-American about buying a old school, American derived, mini from Pep Boys, Tractor Supply..... ect. Seems to me, running off the pocket bike crown was sufficient.

Btw, every "Chinese crap" owner shunned from this site is $$ taken out of Hent's/Oldminibikes.com's pocket.

we'll if people are unhappy with the good old USA then go else where . now back to the minibike thing db 's are based off the vintage mini's .people buy the new stuff because people want big stupid money for a forty year old bike ( 850.00 for a powell is crazyjust because it has a ten horse motor , that is insane . my buddy has three powells each for under $400.00 . if it is really about the hobby and not the money than there would be more vintage bikes around for people to get there hands on and not go else where. i my self like some old bikes and i like the db's for the money they are great bitch about price not the type of mini . and no offense to any one person !!!! :thumbsup:

we'll if people are unhappy with the good old USA then go else where . now back to the minibike thing db 's are based off the vintage mini's .people buy the new stuff because people want big stupid money for a forty year old bike ( 850.00 for a powell is crazyjust because it has a ten horse motor , that is insane . my buddy has three powells each for under $400.00 . if it is really about the hobby and not the money than there would be more vintage bikes around for people to get there hands on and not go else where. i my self like some old bikes and i like the db's for the money they are great bitch about price not the type of mini . and no offense to any one person !!!! :thumbsup:

Maybe crazy to you. But i spent more then that building it. Go buy your buddys $400 powell, then new throttle, new TC, a rebuilt 10hp, custom seat, header, tank, hardware, spend all the time building it then you go sell yours for $400. :eek:ut:

it really comes down to cheap fun. a guy who only makes lets say 2 grand a month and has to pay bills cant afford a 1000 dollar mini bike. i still love my old mini bikes but i cant afford to buy one even at 400 and have to put 300 + into it

it really comes down to cheap fun. a guy who only makes lets say 2 grand a month and has to pay bills cant afford a 1000 dollar mini bike. i still love my old mini bikes but i cant afford to buy one even at 400 and have to put 300 + into it

Old minibikes are cheap. you can find a running old minibike on any craigslist for $250. But i never buiy a running minibike. Ill buy a $100 roller, find a $40 snowblower motor, buy a brake cable or throttle whatever it needed, new clutch and chain for $250 i can have a cool as minibike that i put together myself.

Old minibikes are cheap. you can find a running old minibike on any craigslist for $250. But i never buiy a running minibike. Ill buy a $100 roller, find a $40 snowblower motor, buy a brake cable or throttle whatever it needed, new clutch and chain for $250 i can have a cool as minibike that i put together myself.
true but there getting harder to come by atleast for me

Call 911 hurry Quick Call 911

Another thing, Josh. Lets face it, with the exception of your bike and maybe a few others theses ohv engines will smoke our flatheads. If people like my Dad and Steve started using them, Well they would all end up in the hospital with broken hips:scooter:
Well Randy I wonder how the VA Hospital would respond to me showing up with a broken hip from riding a mini bike ?? LOL
I have 4 brand new OHV engines a Briggs 6.5 Intec and three Tecumseh engines one 5 HP and two 6.5 Power-sport engines . For used I have 3 Tecumseh 7 HP a bunch of 5 and 4 HP Flat head engines . A smattering of Briggs flathead motors.
I won't be doing any tire smoking burn outs but I figured out a very long time ago how the thing works, right hand connected to the brain with no macho shortcuts LOL
But it's just not me to stick with a 3 HP. So the Big Red Mystery Monster Two Speed Mini Bike will not look out of place with the Briggs Intec 6.5 and the Torque Converter into the James two speed gear box. And for comfort a special custom 8Ball seat.
And all three of my Powell Phantom 7 will have Tecumseh flathead motors.
Steve :scooter:

right on :thumbsup: I dont have more than 100$ or so in any one of my machines . The key is patience and waiting for the deal to come along. Dont be in a hurry and the deals will surely come around. It been proven to me hundreds of times. Just look at ebay for proof of that. But i also understand the appeal of the clones. Why buy an old crappy running briggs when you can have a brand new engine for a few bucks more. Still its not old and shouldnt be freely discussed on an Old mini board. Its just fine if you only have a db with a clone if your on here you must enjoy the old bikes just as much so sit back and observe but we dont want to hear about your db here. Most of my machines are totally scratch built and not bikes at all. Thats why i thought up the more than 2 wheels thread i didnt want to clog up the OldMiniBikes threads. Obviously its become standard practice to put clones on old bikes and thats just the way its going to be. I guess its about time to have a vintage bike specific forum. Only way to escape from the clones :censure:

tomsprops

For somebody who was absent from this site for a year and a half all of a sudden pop's up ?! I don't know if you you should be speaking for eveyone like it YOUR site ?
Maybe you're stilll just enjoying your birthday buzz ? :doah:

Maybe the "Old Farts" could quit hoarding over the boat loads of vintage minis they keep locked in their basements, garages, and workshops. How many on here have numerous vintage minis in their possesion which never get ridden? Maybe if some vintage iron were infused into the marketplace people wouldn't be so reliant on "Chinese crap.":thumbsup:
There's tons of vintage iron out there.

If you are flying down an old back road somewhere on a DB, modified or otherwise. You close your eyes, with the wind through your hair, thinking back 20, 30, 40 even 50 years ago for some of you, does it REALLY matter, if it's that old _____?? I figure that memories in themselves would be worth the ride.

How can you say a DB is a clone? Because it shares a name? So does the Monterey, the Challenger, Charger, the Falcon. If the thing was manufactured here, and was as shitty as you guys think it is, would you be mad? Because then, it would become a testament to the quality of OUR work, our PRODUCTS, I say good thing it IS made over there, since it's so shitty.

I figured out a very long time ago how the thing works, right hand connected to the brain with no macho shortcuts LOL:scooter:

LOL, not me Steve. I guess I haven't learned. I'm happy with 20 mph. But if I could do a 100 I would, so I'll stick with the old stuff. Maybe that means I have learned?
:scooter:

you ask 'why here'?
Well, I'd say its because the owner of the website says its OK.I am assuming he put in the DB sub-forum and the clone sub-forum, therefore it must be OK to talk about them here.

or maybe I am wrong.:eek:ut:

I see it as Vintage STYLE minibikes.

One good thing about the chinese ones is that it gets people into the older ones. They start out with one of those and go from there.

I also don't mind clone engines as long as they aren't on Bonanzas or Tacos. Who cares how original the rest are LOL