Painting Clone engine block

125ccCrazy

I painted this clone block wrinkle black with gloss black side cover and recoil housing.. VHT wrinkle black and Dupli Color engine paint on the rest...

I've painted with both wrinkle paint and regular paints with no problems,I have started using epoxy paints and like how hard the paint is.

I have my entire engine stripped to the block, because my rings have gone bad. This would be the most ideal time to paint it right? and if so how would i go about doing this? would i mask all the holes and then paint?

Thanks

TomH

Get the metal clean, paint doesn't stick well to oil residue. So many crooks and crannys in a motor. Clean it well, probably soap and water, or mineral spirits if you have any.

I have my entire engine stripped to the block, because my rings have gone bad. This would be the most ideal time to paint it right? and if so how would i go about doing this? would i mask all the holes and then paint?

Thanks
A can of brake cleaner is easy, cheap, and works awesome...then mask and paint:thumbsup:

Thanks guys, should i take take the bearings off while cleaning? my guess is yes? also when putting it all back together, do i oil the cylinder case or leave it be?

thanks