pearl painting

buckeye

Fixin to put a Manco T-bird together for my wife. Just finished the engine in Duplicolor white ceramic.
Wanting to paint the frame in a purpleish blue pearl.
So my question, is it possible rattle can?

buckeye

Thanks for replys. Think the duplcolor color switch or whatever it's called is the choice.
Everything I have read says for the best pearl results don't mention rattle can as the method of choice.
So I'm going to use the shifting paint. There are several different color combos.

125ccCrazy

if you have an automotive paint store near you give them a call, they may be able to custom mix the color you want and put it in a rattle can... I know they do it here locally but it's not cheap..

Fixin to put a Manco T-bird together for my wife. Just finished the engine in Duplicolor white ceramic.
Just send it to me along with a $500.00 Postal Money order and you will get a pearl paint job with a real spray gun !:laugh:

Don't use the Duplicolor black that comes with the 3-can kit. I've had really good results with Krylon Ultra-black...it lays down smooth.

Buying the colorchange paint in cans made to spray out of a gun is way expensive...but the paint from the spray bombs can be taken out and used in a gun if you can use one. It gives you way more control and your color will go furthur. Just turn the can upside down and empty out all the propellant. Let the can warm up again and make sure it's all gone before you open the can.

Get yourself some good catalyzed clear for your topcoat...you can get it in spray cans now.

Good luck!

Thank you. No spray gun. So it's rattle can.
Have you seen the aerosol tops with the paint cup bottom? Again check your local automotive paint supply or even Napa. That allows you to spray a mixed color and get good results. Not as good as a gun but more color choices. Also House of Kolor had a sweet aerosol line.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk