Picture/ help needed of Tech H35 ignition assembly with flywheel removed

Midyrman

I am putting an H35 together after having received it disassembled. Mounting the ignition assembly (which is in one piece) looks straight forward but the plug wire seems to get compressed a good bit as the two bolts holding the assembly are tightened against the block. I see where I think the plug wire is supposed to fit so it snakes through to the outside of the assembly but I want to be sure before I tighten the bolts, particularly the bottom bolt.

There is also a skinny wire several inches long running across the top that is supposed to attach to something. I think I see that it should attach to a short and thin threaded post by using a very small nut but I am not sure.

If you don't have a picture, then if my rambling makes any sense to you feel free to use your fingers to type directions or advice.

Thank you so much!!

Midyrman

Thanks Aaron. The picture helped a lot. I don't have a lighting coil but I can see how the assembly is mounted. I figured out where the plug wire goes too.

The lose wire is about 8 inches long and is attached on the left side to a nutted stud where the two black wires are also located. The other end has a round connector end. Is this a ground? Does it attach to the very small threaded stud on the inner side?

Midyrman

Here is a pic of my H35 before I tore it down.

That helps too. See the beginning of the wire near the tip of the fork on the top picture? It is going behind the coil. That's the wire I am referring to and don't know what it attaches to.

Tom, are you talking about the black wire that goes to the condenser? If not where does it come from? There's 2 small black wires that come from the ignition coil. One goes to the condenser and one goes to the point nut. The black wire that comes out of the condenser also goes to the points.

If you look at the pics the one wire is going out for a kill switch . Look at the end of the fork in the second pic..see the connector ? Condenser wire and coil wire hooks to the points block.. Right ? plus a kill switch wire.

Last edited:

Midyrman

The wire in my hand is the one I am talking about. Sorry it took so long to get a picture and make it easier for all of you to help. Hope the pic hosting site works on this Forum. Greatly appreciate all the help.

click image upload

You can kinda see in this pic..the wire is hanging down under the throttle assembly, it use to hook to a connector on the bottom of the throttle assembly..look at the two little pop rivets at the bottom of the throttle assembly there was a blade connector there at one time, now I have it hooked to a push button kill switch.

Midyrman

Where does the wire attach to? Or isn't the wire used if the bike doesn't have a kill switch. It looks like from the creases in the wire it was folded and tucked behind the coil.

It could have been folded up and tucked away...alot of people don't use the kill switch wire...It was probably hooked up around your throttle linkage some where.

Midyrman

Now I understand. This is a learning experience for me and I am really enjoying it. I was a motor head as a young kid with go carts and mini bikes---that was in the late sixties and early 70s-- then got into cars---and back to Bonanzas for the last year and a half.

Thank you again for the help. The engine is original to an MB1210TC that I am restoring.