Predator 212cc won't start!!

Hi everyone! I just took apart my Predator 212cc engine and removed the governor, then put it all back together. Then I replaced the throttle on my mini bike. Now, the engine won't start!

I currently have the throttle wire leading to the throttle arm, which I still have connected to the governor arm, which leads to the carb. Whenever I pull the wire to start my engine, I can hear it start up, but it won't start!! If I give it a little throttle while starting it then it starts up, but once I let go of the throttle it dies! So it doesn't even idle anymore!

I don't know if I messed up on the throttle component, or if there could be something else. Could too much oil be the cause of this? Because I may have added too much oil.

Anyways, the engine won't start without throttle, and then dies when throttle is cut. Please help!! THANKS!!!

buckeye

Starving for gas.

Choke in use?
Throttle stop screw turned all the way out?
Did you line up the dots on the cam and crank?

Just throwing stuff out there.

Probably not the oil being overfilled. But you should dump a little out. Unplug the yellow wire that goes into the front of the block to bypass the oil sensor. Check your plug to make sure its not fouled.

rugblaster

First, get you some potted meat in a can and some saltine crackers.....eat some of that.......then put some gas in it. (Slingblade movie)

i don't mean to hijack or derail this thread.......

but, if you unplug the yellow wire coming out the front, will this mess with the ignition at all? the motor will still run no troubles???

thank you

The yellow wire is just the low oil sensor. As long as you have oil then you are fine. Just like a Briggs or Tec. It is equivalent to an idiot light on a dashboard nowadays...

The throttle stop screw isn't turned all the way out, so i'll fix that. And what do you mean by check if the plug is fouled?

And of course I have fuel in it!