Rugblaster's 2015 OldMiniBikes buildoff "cactus donkey" jff

Yep, he bought Austin Speed Shop, and cheated on America's sweetheart. I saw him and his new wife in Dallas at the Fall Nationals. I met her but she didn't know it......I'll look for the photo.

Foot Pegs

I made these foot pegs out of some huge ATV pegs. They came off a ATV that caught fire after some late night, drunked up hijinks. I cut them shorter to scale them back and cut them lengthwise to make them fit a 5/8 round bar.

I was going to make them pivot on the bar, but I ended up welding them solid to act as a crash bar. Probably come in handy if past is prolog.

Seat Mount

We were trying to use a sprung beach cruiser bike seat. I cut out a seat post that was in my Diamondback mountain bike I don't ride anymore. I wanted the seat adjustable. The post tube is installed upside down. The bike also had this nice tool pouch I'm going to use. After tacking the mount in place I got on the seat and it moves around on the seat springs quite a bit...I think the springs are overloaded...It doesn't feel firm enough..so now I don't know if it going to work. :confused:

Another Seat Mount

My brother came by this morning and sat on the seat.....he didn't like it either. It feels like your sitting on one of those spinning dinner plates on a stick. We tried this other way (photo) to mount the cruiser seat. This didn't work either. So all this stuff is worthless and my mountain bike is junk. Maybe I'll put my bike on craigslist for sale to somebody that doesn't have a ass and don't need a seat. :censure:

Cactus Donkey Logo

My brother in Austin has a buddy who does leather work, so were going a different direction with the seat.

Worked on a logo last night. This or something like it will appear on the gas tank sides or on the front fork.

Thanks fellers!!!

I'm sending the drawing to my brother in Austin and they will tune it up and color it. He works for his girl friend, Beth at signeffects.biz .....check 'em out!!!

Reyna Terror

She's not kidding with that door sign.

Beth, aka "Reyna Terror" is now retired from the Hustlers, a Texas Roller Girls team in Austin. But don't let that fool ya!:eek:ut:

We were trying to use a sprung beach cruiser bike seat. I cut out a seat post that was in my Diamondback mountain bike I don't ride anymore. I wanted the seat adjustable. The post tube is installed upside down. The bike also had this nice tool pouch I'm going to use. After tacking the mount in place I got on the seat and it moves around on the seat springs quite a bit...I think the springs are overloaded...It doesn't feel firm enough..so now I don't know if it going to work. :confused:

Looking good rugblaster,:thumbsup: and this is the same spring set up I'm using on my build.

Looking good rugblaster,:thumbsup: and this is the same spring set up I'm using on my build.
I wouldn't use a center post like this.......I'm cutting all this out. It wobbles around to much. The post isn't wobbling the seat is. It might be better to make the seat pivot at the front and spring in the rear. Maybe like a Cushman seat.

Last edited:
Motor Mount

This was a cluster foxtrot.

I don't know if all frame, motor plate, torque converter, rear sprocket combinations require what it seemed like I had to do to this thing. Basically, I had to move the motor plate over to right about 1.5 inches and had to be raised about the same amount. The driven pulley was all up in that frame.

So I made a lent back, parallelogram box.....if there was some other way to do it, I couldn't figure it out.

Thats what I'm talking about.. right there !!!! :thumbsup: I like it..

Thank you and my local Airgas store thanks ya. When I left out of there the other day, they told me my visit had been a financial pleasure.

I'm going to cut some of the extraneous stuff off this Chinese one lung'r tomorrow. No hurry, this global warming has made it to where I can't paint anything till June anyway.......and I'm in Tejas.

Time for beer.