Rugblaster's 2015 OldMiniBikes buildoff "cactus donkey" jff

Last edited:
Exhaust Header

Made this straight pipe today. I cut the little pieces of chrome plated tubing out of something a good while back. I think they may have come from a Honda lawn mower handle or maybe a little kids chair. You can find these everywhere. I took the muffler off this Chinese Chugger and cut the flange off of it with a grinder disc. Then beat what was left of the tube out of the flange.

I didn't want to make another flange. So I used the one I had. I noticed the exhaust gasket stuck out into the port area, so I used a carbide burr on a die grinder to hog that gasket out. Why would they make that gasket like that?

I cut up my scrap chrome tubing to make this little header. I'm going to make a quieter pipe with this glas packed Sea Foam container. So it will be loud sometimes and when the cops come, it will be quieter. Just change the pipe out.

Fuel Tank

I cut up this broken mini compressor. I have a AN12 fitting and cap coming for a filler neck and I'll come up with a snazzy mount. Probably using those bosses on the Chinese Chugger.

Last edited:
Bowling Ball Welding Table

Got the frame off the jig and transferred it to this $12.00 welding table I made. Some guy on youtube made one first. Mine's better

The only thing I bought was the 1/4 plate on the top, I had the rest of the material. 1.25 square tube, bowling ball, 1.0 round bar, junk brake rotors, jack from a Nissan and a tandem disc plow disc for a base. I left it outside and it rained on it, rusted ....I'll paint it someday.

The ball rolls around in between the rotors when the jack is loosened, spins 360 and tilts. When you get it where you want it. tighten the jack and the ball locks between the rotors.

I like it 'cause you can sit on a stool and drink beer and weld. .

Cut off wheel BLOW UP....GO BOOM

I had another one of these explode this afternoon. Watch out if your using these. I wear big stick welding gloves and a face shield. Although the faceshield probably isn't going to stop much. It's made for sparks and bits of small bits of shite.

I had this injury about three years ago, caused by one of these wheels....on my right arm just above my glove cuff.

Also, I was working out at the farm cutting some notches in "C" purlin and had one of these explode and I felt it hit above my right knee and went completely through some almost new, baggy Carhartt heavy work pants. I was afraid to look in the hole left in the pants at my leg, but it didn't cut me any.

If you using these, be careful. And if you have kids or grandkid, be double careful.

capguncowboy

I had another one of these explode this afternoon. Watch out if your using these. I wear big stick welding gloves and a face shield. Although the faceshield probably isn't going to stop much. It's made for sparks and bits of small bits of shite.

I had this injury about three years ago, caused by one of these wheels....on my right arm just above my glove cuff.

Also, I was working out at the farm cutting some notches in "C" purlin and had one of these explode and I felt it hit above my right knee and went completely through some almost new, baggy Carhartt heavy work pants. I was afraid to look in the hole left in the pants at my leg, but it didn't cut me any.

If you using these, be careful. And if you have kids or grandkid, be double careful.

I haven't used cut-off wheels too many times, but I've never had one come apart. Have the incidents been with one certain brand or different brands?

The one that cut my arm and the one that got into my pants *snicker* were Hitachi from Tractor Supply.......these latest ones are from harbor freight......and they are junk.

Just to be clear, these are cutoff discs and not grinding wheels.

If you get them in a bind..........Boom

But, I love these things anyway.

"It's always the things you love, that hurt you the most." -------- Sonny Bono

Last edited:
Planned New Seat

I went ahead and welded in the first seat mount into the frame so my mountain bike wouldn't have died in vain. I have to have something to attach the tool bag to at the front.

I welded seat tabs for the new, more traditional seat. Those gloves come in handy for holding stuff

Were getting a guy in Austin to make a leather seat, hopefully in a horse saddle style with conchos and fringe, using this wood blank.

Here is Devil head......he used to squeak when you squeeze his head, but the damn mice ate his horns off.

I welded some more around the neck to keep it from falling off.

And kinda dressed up the motor mount.

At some point I'll have to get this surface layer of rust off of the entire bike.

On another note, for you veterans, what do I do when I run out of space in my account? I like a lot of pictures. Know what I mean?

I can't find the link to the sign up page to become a supporting member. Also, I would need to use PayPal. That comes out of my checking account. Can't use a credit card, because my wife would see the charge and she wouldn't let me do this anymore.

Do they take PayPal?

Yeah, I'm "P" whipped. Not proud of it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ma Crosby's Villa Acuna, Mexico circa 1982

Me and my friend, Tony thought those "fish bowl" margaritas were the bomb.

Last edited:
Mexico and basic welding

That's pretty funny.

See ya signed up. Best cash you ever will spend.

Thise welds are pretty impressive. Nice work.

Thanks Buck, Mexico was fun in the past, but we don't go anymore. It was semi-dangerous back then and now it would be suicidal. To bad, really. Lots of decent people down there. Drugs ruined everything.

I have never had welding lessons per se and have never done it in any professional capacity. I'm pretty sure I could show a monkey how to mig weld.....tig is another story. Weldingtipsandtricks.com is a good source of information for diy.

Anyone can do mig with practice.

This is my daughter at about 7 years old doing a 2nd grade art project. She's 18 now.

grinding.

and mig welding.

Welding is just like artist's....some have It, and some don't...you my friend have got It !:wink:
Your Daughter looks like shes a natural to.:thumbsup: