Rupp model question - color?

What model Rupps and approximately what year were originally a Mopar lime green. Frame looks like a Banchi but supposedly they were only yellow? Can't find any pics of it. Where would the model\id number be and how to decode? Recently picked up a roller frame cheap.

I'll have to see if my son can post a pic. Frame has single jack shaft, footpeg position and configuration like a Banchi. rear drum brake and turbine wheels. It's red chipped to expose the mopar lime green and the green is in the crevices and under side of fenders. Pretty good previous respray if it was. I'll have to get some solvent and check it out

Non metallic Mopar lime green appears to be the original paint color unless bike was stripped to bare metal on underside of front fender. Doesn't appear like a primer of any kind as well.

capguncowboy

Well, I'd say it's probably a repaint. I had a Banchi a couple of years ago that I sandblasted. It was red, underneath was the original yellow paint and there was no primer on it to speak of. That jackshaft isn't original. Does it have green paint on it (looks like it does). If the green paint is on the plates it mounts to, it's an obvious repaint.

Last edited:
The back end is very unRupp like. Possible frame was cut right near the foot pegs and a piece was added to support that jackshaft. Typical Rupps without front fork springs, didn't have a jackshaft ( I don't think). Front half of frame looks to be a 1969 Rupp frame. Back half is ??
I agree that the green paint looks like the etching primer I've used before. Good luck identifying, and please keep us posted.

capguncowboy

The back end is very unRupp like. Possible frame was cut right near the foot pegs and a piece was added to support that jackshaft. Typical Rupps without front fork springs, didn't have a jackshaft ( I don't think). Front half of frame looks to be a 1969 Rupp frame. Back half is ??
I agree that the green paint looks like the etching primer I've used before. Good luck identifying, and please keep us posted.
It's a Rupp through and through. It's a Banchi, which didn't have a swingarm or a jackshaft.

Kind of determined it is a Banchi, someone just did a thorough repaint. I'll find out for sure when I redo it. It's a few bike projects away at this point. Got it for $40 bucks a few miles from my house just couldn't pass it up. Thanks for all the reply's.