Stolen Taco update

Just got home with it. Someone saw my craigslist reward ad and called me. The story that I got and believe is that the the dad and older son bought it from a guy at the corner store for the younger brother, then saw the ad on craigslist when they realized what happened. Long story short is I gave them their money back and gave them a doodlebug project I had so the little brother wouldn't be so bummed out.

Only a couple chips in the powdercoat that are hardly visible and some fuel issues on the Clinton 2 stroke tank's paint that I can fix quickly.

Unbelievable considering how large this area is.

Awesome!:thumbsup:..And that was very nice gesture to the people who had it. You couldve just taken it and left them with nothing. That was a class act thing to do.:thumbsup:

I also worried what would happen to the engine if they used straight gas. Looks like they did fire it because I painted red inside the pipe after we ran it on the test stand and never fired it again. They said the fuel bowl was off so I imagine it didn't run right so they started tearing into it.

old-timer

Scamming Member
That's fantastic Tom !! Honestly I never thought you'd see it again. As others have said, it's nice to see that there are still honest stand up people in this crazy world of ours.

And kudos to you for what you did as well :thumbsup: I'm sure the father+son who bought it had no clue it was stolen by the sounds of it. Happy ending for both parties :wink:

Really happy for you my friend !!

Vic