The Road To Windber

So 6 months or so ago I got to talking to a member about an event I only knew as windber.I was instently hooked. I'm a newer member and was some what new to mini bikes. I talked to my pops about it and we decided it would be fun to drive out and enjoy the event. Haha this is where it took off. The member I was talking to was none other then the famouse (haha) minbikepaul. So today my pops and I left riverside California for the location of the famous SoCal funday, pauls place in Camarillo California to pick up his and guardraildave's bikes. After some lunch with the west coast king of mini bikes (eviled). We set off for windber. :punk:

Pics to come.

P.s: my spelling sucks, I know haha sorry

TomH

You got the 10 cadilliacs in the ground at Amarillo, Texas south side of the highway, Huge Cross in Broom Texas, can't miss it day or night, biggest Mcdonalds at Vinita Ok on 44, Spans over the highway, the arch in St Louis. Lots to see

MiniBike Paul

Derrick and his dad were at my shop at about 11 am, a few minutes after GRD and EE showed up! we loaded up the trailer, pictures in the morning, took them to 5 Guys for some fuel food, and enviously watched them head east!!

Yes, 40, 44, 70 - they are in Kingman so only 2194 to go!!

I was gonna do a thread like this but you beat me to it! :smile: I hope you guys left room in the wagon to bring home Paul's new Murray..... Or didn't he tell you that part? :oops::eek:

I'm fully jealous....You already left and I still have to WORK for two more days..... :mad:

I'll post up some pics in here once we get on the road Wednesday morning too. :thumbsup: See you there!

And im deading my 3 1/2 hour drive from cleveland! lol, You guys are troopers! You will not be disapointed! I will be there thursday morning and cant wait to see everyone there!

Nothing like it !!!..hauled race boats from coast to coast several times back in the 70's....I was a LOT younger then...:doah:

Memories that will last a lifetime...:thumbsup:

I brought a tumbleweed back to Jersey (no we don't have those) and spray painted it red and hung it in the old shop...I wonder what I did with that thing....:confused:

We ran out of gas (and money) coming home one time (spent it all partying in Cali :shifty:)

...3 guys eating bologna sandwiches all the way back to Jersey...:doah:

we siphoned the $5 a gallon (lot of money back then) race fuel out of the boat into the 454 powered Chevy Dual-y with 4:56 gears..... that thing got about 3 miles to the gallon towing the boat...:doah:

My father was gonna kill us but man that fuel smelled good burning and the tailpipe was the prettiest shade of light tan....:smile:

Haha I bet bologna was ever the same after that. We have traveled the west several times to and from Canada but this is my first cross country ride. KK if you want another tumbleweed let me know haha there are plenty to go around.