The Under $200.00 Challenge

here we go boys and girls lets see what you can come up with for $200.00 dollars or less. this is what Shane Coffee (the owner of the bike) and my self came up with. this is a little Pathfiner 250 we found off craigslist it turned out killer.

Looks nice but I believe that's an older style straight bar Manco "streaker" with extended brake peddle.

I have two Manco "Pathfinders" model 250's and they are older and totally different. (larger too)

Last edited:

Oldsalt

In any event it's a really proper minibike and a good looking one! Two bills make it even better. I'm gonna look downstairs at my collection to see if there's a few that are nice and complete but only have a couple of hundred invested.

Ok i will throw my hand in, I bought this wildcat for 60 dollars and that included the engine! After alot of clean up and a new 8ball seat it was done! I didnt bother to fix the front end and i know it will make GTO mad, but i didnt really care this is my beater bike.

$60 roller and engine
$50 seat
$15 band brake
$20 high speed bearings and axles
$15 paint

That ScooterBoy is one lucky son of a buck, they just fall into the back of his truck time after time . The Cushman is even plated for the street in Oregon. Talk about falling into it and come out smelling like a rose, Oh did I mention ScooterBoy is also a friend :thumbsup:
Steve :scooter:

For the under $200.00 challenge they need to be somewhat restored and @ least rideable. :eek:ut: Thanks for the great comments this far. Thanks for the info on the mini bike. Could someone find me pictures of my streaker for comparison. THANKS.

For the under $200.00 challenge they need to be somewhat restored and @ least rideable. :eek:ut: Thanks for the great comments this far. Thanks for the info on the mini bike. Could someone find me pictures of my streaker for comparison. THANKS.
we had a 2nd gen streaker we found for $40, we kept the engine (which I think in a Raptor) and sold the frame because it was too small. Very doable at $200 mark and I have a few bikes to make that mark. Elbow grease and shopping is what makes mini's so great.. :thumbsup:

Ok i will throw my hand in, I bought this wildcat for 60 dollars and that included the engine! After alot of clean up and a new 8ball seat it was done! I didnt bother to fix the front end and i know it will make GTO mad, but i didnt really care this is my beater bike.

$60 roller and engine
$50 seat
$15 band brake
$20 high speed bearings and axles
$15 paint

I'm not mad at all , ,,,,just wonder why you don't spend a few minutes making the forks right before paint? Not difficult and makes a big differences between could have been. :thumbsup:

I have to agree with GTO here, fixing them wouldn't have taken that much of your time, plus you would have gotten better over all steering with out the high stability forks...

I have to agree with GTO here, fixing them wouldn't have taken that much of your time, plus you would have gotten better over all steering with out the high stability forks...
Yep it only takes a few minuets and the bike looks great but I still look at your forks no matter how good! :doah:

OK,, Did this for under $200 and these were thick 1" forks to bend. (toughest yet! ):doah:

Bike was $30
Sand to blast with $10
Engine $25 (edger)
tires $35 (for both)
Paint $25 max
Nuts , bolts , stuff, say $25 max
Grips $10
Chain $7 (buy in bulk)
lots of elbow.

YouTube - Happy 4th

jeep4me

Here's my daughter's Lil' Indian.

$50 bike nearly complete
$20 for paint
$5 seat
cables $12
twist grips $6 (yard sale)
misc springs $5
decals $7
fenders $15 (flea market)

watching her ride it for the first time...priceless

I know it wouldnt take muych to get it right, but i needed to get it done for a browns game where everyone who was drinking wanted to go for a ride and i knew that becuase i did the same thing last year. I figuered someone would drop it, or crash, so i didnt really care for now. But its a cool bike and comfortable and mabey over the winter i will fix the forks?