The Under $200.00 Challenge

mybiz

It would take me way to long to show all my $200.00 or less finds but here is one that i tradded a gun for and the gun cost me $110 new And it runs and rides like a new one and the guy i got it from bought it new also got the owners manual with it :thumbsup:

Well this is hard because the most I've ever paid for a mini was $150, but most are parts or pieces. I have to narrow it down to two though:
My Montgomery wards 525
It's about 95% original
$40 for the bike- yes thats right as you see it here

after LOTS of elbow grease

these pics are a little old but other than time I have nothing more invested in this bike- and yes it runs. (the motor on the bench anyways)
but my second choice is what we lovingly call "The Legend".
The roller started out as a 1970 Rupp and the drivetrain and wheels came off of a Honda Spree knockoff scooter. I literally threw this thing together in a weekend, and quite honestly did not expect it to last as long. That was in 2004. I've been beating on this thing for five years and it still goes. It has electric start and lights, its whisper quiet and one tank of fuel lasts FOREVER.
Before:

This spring:

Rupp roller- $75
parts scooter- Free- 107 miles on the odometer, found in the trash, WRECKED, in Detroit. No Kidding.
New battery- $35
Headlight- $20
Tail light- $8
Rear lift bar- $35
Paint-$12
:thumbsup:

edwin

here we go boys and girls lets see what you can come up with for $200.00 dollars or less. this is what Shane Coffee (the owner of the bike) and my self came up with. this is a little Pathfiner 250 we found off craigslist it turned out killer.
the bike looks great. but i have a question. i love the color of the wheels. i want my wheels the same way. is that just spraypaint ? if so what color and brand or powdercoat ? thanks

Hey Kyle........ We have a couple of bikes that would come in at under 200.00 a ruttman toad frame and a mini mate that I paid 10.00 each for and other parts that I bought when the gettin was good. I talked to you at the monroe show . Kevin........ We will post pics when we start the builds.

The paint was Universal Gold by Duplicolor. They were glass beaded and primed first. The paint matches Go power gold from sixties era racing wheels.

mybiz

This Cat elmininator cst me ? 160 mile round trip at 30mpg=$13.50 gas money and $1.18 for a bottle of pop wear&tare on car ? $4.50 Total for cat eliminator. $19.18 I traded a 410 shotgun that was given to me:thumbsup:

mybiz

I've got a lot more of them for under $200 The one i gave the most for is my trail horse ez-rider! and all i got was frame/forks/seat/grips/1-tire and i wont say how much all that cost me. But you cant put a price on being happy:smile:

Ratbike

Found this on Craigs List for 175.00 and talked him down to 140.00 Lmfao!!!!He cleaned up the welds and had a body shop paint metalflake purple....only has 5 hrs on her!!