Thunderbird Engine swap help!

i have a manco thunderbird. it had a 5 hp Clinton engine on it. it ran like crap.
I took it off only to realize the guy who had it before really forced it into that frame. im talking bent mounting bolts and it appears he drilled right through the side of part of the frame. Take a look at the pictures and tell me what you think. And which engines will fit it?? it kinda looks like he welded on 2 metal plates and then drilled. i need input ASAP

C9H13NO3

I can't weld as well as I will be able too, but from my 1 month experience with an arc welder and a wire feed welder, I can say with truth that that is some hideous, sloppy bird turd welds. Oh,and you should probably just take those plates off anyway.

yeah but what engine will fit on that bolt pattern? i NEED help
Go to BMI karts and get a new engine plate, that one is hidious! A standard plate will allow the installation of any 2-5hp engine and from there you could use an adaptor plate to install a 6.5! Your options are open once you get it back right! The thunderbird is a decent minibike for a late 80s early 90s machine! Someone else makes them still! Do right by it and if you gotta pay to get it welded then do it as $ allows! Just get it square in the frame as well as placed correctly forward/backward! Look on here under Manco in the photo section there should be a reference photo there somewhere!

try a clone motor i hear they fit really well in those bikes, but if the holes arent enlongated i dont know how you would adjust the chain? I actulally just bought one of those bikes and i am gonna change the motor.

Someone defiled that minibike badly, I recently got a bonanza chopper that has much the same problem! An EZ fix, just make sure when the new engine plate arrives you take the time to properly align the plate to the frame and more importantly mount the clutch inboard and align the sprockets! Take your time and you will only have to do it the once!