Trying to remove the driven pulley on Alsport Trike

Is there any trick to this? Ive loosened both lock nuts on each side of the driven. I've sprayed WD40 and let sit over night, heated with a torch and haven't moved it a bit.:hammer:

Are there any set screws in the Salsbury driven itself? The lock collars are both loose. I saw a few holes, but I didn't investigate for sec screws in the Salsbury itself.

wjustice

As far as I know, the driven only floats on the shaft. However both of mine were stuck. Cut the shaft and used the press at work. Very tight, the one from my RTS hit around 30k pressure before it moved.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Steve73

I got mine off with a bearing puller yesterday. Used a heat gun. It was destroyed before I got to it. I just grinded the rivets out and removed the huge disk on the end. But seriously if you have a new driven then it might be best to replace the jackshaft too. Your headaches will cost more then the replacement.

125ccCrazy

I bent my clutch trying get it apart, from what I understand some of those style clutches had a non removable shaft..not sure what locked it permanently to the clutch but that's what I was told a while back.

I need to pick up some more PB blaster. I'm empty right now. I hope it's not permanently attached to the jackshaft. I've already bent it since I have a new one to replace it with. May just cut it off.:doah:

No, I have a NOS driven and clutch. Getting rid of all of it and ordering new everything. That's what is so hard about this build.
Every time I order something it's at least a $100 bill. Nothing cheap about it at all.

pomfish

No, I have a NOS driven and clutch. Getting rid of all of it and ordering new everything. That's what is so hard about this build.
Every time I order something it's at least a $100 bill. Nothing cheap about it at all.
Call it a BOAT = Break Out Another Thousand :)
If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.
Know the feeling, I am trying to rebuild a Manco 573 mini harley looking minibike, every time I turn around it's another $80-100.
Such is life and so we go.