Twist throttle blues

Bought a new set of grips and throttle for my Bonanza. They have allen bolts to attach the housing to the handlebar. Is there a trick I don't know about to get the whole throttle from twisting on the bar when I use it? I crank the bolts down to the point where I'm almost bending the wrench or snapping it...still it will twist on the bar. It doesn't twist easily but it will move after some twist pressure is applied. I removed the paint on the bar to see if that might work. Maybe I should primer it to bite down harder. An Ideas? Thanks!:shrug:

Last edited:

buckeye

I put a wrap of tape on my bar. Keeps the beer from spilling.
It works, but may not be the best.
You have the right diametergrip? Might be trying a 1 incher on a 7/8 incher.

Are the two halfs all the way together with no space or gap, when you tighten them?
If so you need to file the halfs on the flat where they bolt together.

Did you just get those on Ebay? Jackhammer brand? If those are the ones I saw they are likely seconds. Steadfast Cycles sell Jackhammers but they are high rent and I saw where some were being offered cheap on Ebay and they looked like bad repops. I could be way off but the grips sure look exactly like em.:shrug:

Last edited:
Did you just get those on Ebay? Jackhammer brand? If those are the ones I saw they are likely seconds. Steadfast Cycles sell Jackhammers but they are high rent and I saw where some were being offered cheap on Ebay and they looked like bad repops. I could be way off but the grips sure look exactly like em.:shrug:
I mess with all of them I get but I'm crazy like that.I don't stop till they snap back when you let go of them.To me that's how a throttle should be.

Thanks for the tips guys! I'll try filing a little first. Is the grip tape your talking about the kind that's almost like sand paper. The kind I use to put on my skate board as a kid? I did get them on ebay I think from KC int. That would be my second problem too....even if I can get it to not twist on me it won't snap back any way. I have to manually twist the throttle down. Seems like there is plenty of pull on the throttle lever on the Tec I'm running too.:shrug::scooter::thumbsup: Lemme see if I have a close enough shot of my Tec throttle assembly.

There's a couple of when I was installing the throttle cable. The lever on the side is what I ended up attaching the cable too. Never mind where the cable is going in the photos. Thanks again.

The inside throttle sleeve sounds like it's rubbing on the bars.Do you have a return spring set up at the engine ?
I slide the sleeve on then back it off about 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch so as to not rub...there is a return spring but it seems really light weight. I wish I had a photo of it. I may need to take one.