Twist Throttle problems (handle bars)

Hello,
I'm having problems with my twist throttle on my Montgomery Ward survivor mini bike. I'm having a issue where I go to use the throttle and it will just slide around the handle bar. I tighten down both on the screws where they will not tighten anymore. The throttle metal housing has just worn out over the years to make for a lose fit.
Does anyone have any ideas or tricks to may this throttle tighten on the handle bars again. I want to keep the original one on it.
Thanks for your time in this matter.
RatMini

We used to get lead shims for goosenecks and wrap a small piece around the bar. I twisted mine till they turned too and wore more than a few out. Beer can, furnace tape, stipple the bar with a sharp punch. Several ways, whatever sounds best and works bets for you.

Drink a beer then cut the can and wrap it around the bar...two birds, one Coors Light! Done! Thank me later!
They make plenty of great craft beers in cans now Eric!! Broaden your horizons and leave the ripped six pack figure behind for flavor!!!! :drinkup:
And for the OP the can cut shim will work great and easiest cheapest way to go!! :thumbsup:

CarPlayLB

Drink a beer? Maybe that is my problem. Need more beer in my builds.
EXACTLY! Took you nearly 30,000 posts to figure that out? I should've mentioned that sooner. My apologies!

JDogg, I get thirsty! 3 of your crapft beers gets me drunk...so why stop there? A 12 pack of the Rocky Mountains, when blue, will be just fine!

Biffmini

Sounds to me like the theads on your Throttle housing are striped out. You may need to tap slightly larger threads & screws to fit. Anyway a beer sounds great.

They make plenty of great craft beers in cans now Eric!! Broaden your horizons and leave the ripped six pack figure behind for flavor!!!! :drinkup:
And for the OP the can cut shim will work great and easiest cheapest way to go!! :thumbsup:
I've sampled every craft brew I can get my hands on and still a homebrew snob. Canning machines haven't gotten cheap enough to beat kegging yet.