What Was Your First Mini bike ?

^^ That's a great picture...pinstripes on that bike!

No helmet, no shoes, greasy pants...yeah yeah I know it wasn't safe...but those were the days.
I agree, Safety equip sure seemed like a option back then . I honestly dont ever remember going down on that bike but I do remember getting off of it to unlock the gate at the pasture and next thing I knew I was covered in fire ants. That is something I will never ever forget .
My kids know what they have to wear now a days , I dont even have to remind them .
Heres a shot of my 16 yr old out ripping around having a blast .

My first bike was a Heathkit Boonie I got for Christmas in 1968 (well got a pic of it then -was still in shipment) Was a long week or so before it came. I also got the lighting kit with it. Never got the ski. Rode the heck out of it, broke the frame in the front and a few days later got a letter stating their frames were weak and they were shipping everyone a new reenforced frame!! What luck!! Only problems I ever had were breaking the spring on the 2-speed (had bought a bunch of spares) Also the 1 rear drum brake was pretty weak in its ability to stop it! One day I'm gonna get another.
Steve

When I was about 13 around 1970 I got a brand new Taco 22. I put some serious miles on that thing. When I was 15 my dad asked me if I would sell it because his bosses son wanted a minibike. I had a new Kawasaki 90 so I sold the Taco 22 for $75. What the hell was I thinking?

Old trashed Saxonette 2 speed 2 stroke commercial built bike. Chain driven. My first memory of the bike is sitting on the seat while my dad stood in front of me, holding the handle bars and telling me what did what for the basic controls. My uncle was giving g me the bike, and hetolddad at that moment that it was a two speed. My young (7yr?) brain figured one speed just HAD to be neutral...... I shot the throttle and went straight up dad's leg. My dad was a large man almost 7 feet tall,so nobody was hurt, but I was hooked.
The kick starech was completely gone & the e start was non functional. I started it with a drill and socket. Every body that rodethat bike got hurt. Except me. I loved that bike. I would ride the sidewalks in Detroit. When my family moved to Kentucky, the bike was damaged in he move and I lost track of it. Have loved anything two stroke ever since I have a modded two stroke scoter with the 1e40 bottom end and a Polini Corsa cylinder (47mm) and Technical exhaust. It will run fourty eight mph verified with true GPS. Still not asuch fun as the mini..I now have a small fleet of scooters but badly want to be back in the MB scene

Bonanza

My Dad bought it from a neighbor for $60 at a garage sale.
I was in 4th grade, 9 years old.
Wrecked it into a mailbox actually my friend wrecked it I was on the back.
Destroyed the brick mailbox.. My Dad rebuilt the mailbox and it was never the same had quite a lean.
My Dad sold the Bonanza soon after.
Helmet was from girls softball team my dad grabbed out of the trash. Ha ha

1971, got a lil indian cost fifty bucks wow 4hp rode it everyday. saved my paper route money and got a used Rupp roadster, it was painted red white blue that was 1976....today I have a street legal speedway greenhorn. Whoo Hoo:thumbsup: