will a 3hp briggs fit on a stock doodle bug

i got a dooodle bug a while back for free had it going with a 6.5 predator but took it off now im looking to repower it with a 3hp briggs will it fit in the stock motor holes or will i have to drill new ones

ok it had a 3hp briggs on it when the guy give it to me he said he had it going but took the clutch off and couldn't find it ill have to grind every weld down to nothing i guess to get the plate off

OK I'm having trouble here. The question was will a 3 hp Briggs fit. You lost me when you said it had a 3 hp Briggs when you got it. I'm going to guess based on the info provided that yes a 3hp Briggs will fit

The 3hp Briggs will fit on the DB30. When I put a 3hp Briggs on mine I lined the clutch and rear sprocekt up, drilled new holes then what came stock on the DB30 and bolted it down. Here`s pics.

The 3hp Briggs could get my 160lbs going somewhere around 35mph, it had a 10tooth sprocket on the clutch and the stock 72tooth sprocket out back. Really the main advantage of the 3hp Briggs is that it had more torque then the 2.8hp, it accelerated from a dead stop better, and could climb grades much better at a great speed.

i painted it and stuff today welded a muffler on the the straight pipe so it anit as loud and it will give it a little back pressure

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

that is the plate i have to cut off

and thats the motor the srods off a tiller i have but the rope brok and the recoiler thing messed up if any body has a recoil for sale let me know

buckeye

Getting there. You should be able to get a replacement for that recoil from the guy down past the hospital off of 98. He's a pretty good guy. If you are hesded towards Daphne on 98 turn left at the hospital. He is up on the right right befor you get downtown.

i got a dooodle bug a while back for free had it going with a 6.5 predator but took it off now im looking to repower it with a 3hp briggs will it fit in the stock motor holes or will i have to drill new ones
Yes you will have do drill and re-slot but it will outlast and outpower the stock engine without a doubt, I currently have a 3 and 3.5hp briggs powered minibikes my kids ride and the boy is 17 and 6' 160# now. He asked me to de-tune the thing from a 6.5hp because all his buddies wrecked the overpowered machine. You need advice send me a PM and I'll s4end you pics and advise you on the best way IMO to install the briggs. Here is my 10yo girl's 3hp DB that I can ride.

Here is what a properly re-slotted engine plate looks like:

buckeye

Don't know the name, but on the right in the back of the hardware store. Can't miss it.
I ain't doing much tomorrow. Unless my wife has other plans. Might could get together and bs. Send me a pm in the morning.