will a 3hp briggs fit on a stock doodle bug

Yes you will have do drill and re-slot but it will outlast and outpower the stock engine without a doubt, I currently have a 3 and 3.5hp briggs powered minibikes my kids ride and the boy is 17 and 6' 160# now. He asked me to de-tune the thing from a 6.5hp because all his buddies wrecked the overpowered machine. You need advice send me a PM and I'll s4end you pics and advise you on the best way IMO to install the briggs. Here is my 10yo girl's 3hp DB that I can ride.

Here is what a properly re-slotted engine plate looks like:
Ace, what do you do/use to get such nice slots? :shrug: Mine never turn out that nice.

i got a pull start, and clutch plus a lot more stuff from 125ccCrazy ill have the motor mounted ready to go by sunday tommorow i cant get any thing done but i think ill get it done by my dead line

You might as well dismount the tire and clean off the grease. It will spin on the rim with grease. Or should I say, the rim will spin inside the tire.

You need something like window cleaner or watered down dish soap for lube.

Here is a quote directly off the Goodyear Tire website:

"A non-water base commercial bead
lubricant should be used since water in
the tire can cause excessive rim corrosion
problems. However, thin vegetable oil
soap solutions with a water base are
approved. Lubricants which contain a
rust inhibitor can be an advantage. Avoid
the use of excessive lubricant Figure 3.1.
Never use anti-freeze, silicones,
or petroleum based lubricants."

I would take the tire off, clean the tire and rim and do it again.

i ran in to some problems today with mounting the clutch one the shafts to sort and 2 the shaft doesn't have treds in it .it has a hole in the middle but its not therded should i tap it out or what i have a 3hp Tecumseh to cut the shaft of a bit to use but dont know what to do about holding it on there

here is what im talking about

there is a hole but no treads in it

thats the piece of shaft from the tecumsa

see how much space is in there with the clutch on

the thing looks like trash but ill make it look good later

Last edited: