• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ahhh good to be home safe and unpacked , had to do some hot laps around the yard just to gradualy wean myself from Windber fever lol

I tried to get around sunday morning and say good bye to all my OldMiniBikes family but didn't get to every one
Thanks so much for a unbeleivable good time!!!!

So many highlights that my head is spinning lol
I took the day off work tomorow to recover
Will try and post pictures and a special video later

I called Jack Spitler today to tell him the bike won Best of Show....I think he is genuinely overhwlemed by the whole ordeal and all the attention he was getting.....he told me to pass along his heartfelt thanks to all for "one of ther best times of his life." His wife pulled me aside more than once on Saturday and said the same thing.

Regarding the Best of Show...there had to be close to 100 bikes there...and quite a few that I would consider 100 pt. restorations....unbelievable stuff. I wasn't even going to roll it over there but Jack said "why not?" When I stopped to think of all the people who had helped restore it I realized he was right.

One thing is for sure... I am 100% certain we don't win that without Evil Ed's paint job...those judges were going over that thing with a fine tooth comb....I am so glad I made the effort to ship the bike to Cali...and grateful to Ed for taking on the job on short notice.....it turned out just like the old pictures show it.

The best part about owning that bike is it's not about me...it's about Jack Spitler and all the folks who helped "put him on the podium" one more time .:thumbsup:

Ahhh good to be home safe and unpacked , had to do some hot laps around the yard just to gradualy wean myself from Windber fever lol

I tried to get around sunday morning and say good bye to all my OldMiniBikes family but didn't get to every one
Thanks so much for a unbeleivable good time!!!!

So many highlights that my head is spinning lol
I took the day off work tomorow to recover
Will try and post pictures and a special video later
HELP, HELP......Where is the poker run video. I can't find it:shrug:

richs

Yes there was some great racing on the upper track. The best was a class, we called the Heavy 5. Big guys on 5hp and the man who made the show was Randy he had his hands full with another member of the Pa possie named larry out of Carlise pa. Boy those 2 battled like it was for the AMA pro finals until Randy got loose comming out of turn 4 and bent the rear wheel on his great running Rupp.Great show guys.:thumbsup:
that was great stuff :thumbsup:

Hey Gerry
Your powell seat was the talk of the town..Matt a good friend of mine called me from windber telling me all about it... didn't know it was you that had lost it...:doah: :laugh:
The sad thing is I put my heart into that Powell...always wanted a Model D...finally found one on the East coast...got help from like 4 people to get it home from Massachusetts..spent 6 months calling you for help...cleaning it , freshening the motor and replacing some of the little worn parts with nos parts ...that was a bad-ass survivior..all orignal down to the seat which was virtually perfect including the original yellow and black decal on the back.

When I pulled in and Peek asked where the seat was I thought him or Randy were pulling another prank...spun off the wing nut and were hiding it....when I realized it was really gone I was numb at first...then furious...I was already worn down from being up for 48 hours working on the bikes and driving there...that was the last straw.

I could never have looked at that bike again without getting aggravated... I had no choice but to sell it and exercise the demon. I wheeled it over to Peeks spot and told him "F that Powell.... the first one to hand you the money gets it."

That's when Evil Ed high fived me and I started feeling better.

Jeep4me is a good guy...I'm glad he got it and hope he finds an original seat for it.:wink:

The sad thing is I put my heart into that Powell...always wanted a Model D...finally found one on the East coast...got help from like 4 people to get it home from Massachusetts..spent 6 months calling you for help...cleaning it , freshening the motor and replacing some of the little worn parts with nos parts ...that was a bad-ass survivior..all orignal down to the seat which was virtually perfect including the original yellow and black decal on the back.

When I pulled in and Peek asked where the seat was I thought him or Randy were pulling another prank...when I realized it was really gone I was numb at first...then furious...I was already worn down from being up for 48 hours working on the bikes and driving there...that was the last straw.

I could never have looked at that bike again without getting aggravated... I had no choice but to sell it and exercise the demon. I wheeled it over to Peeks spot and told him "F that Powell.... the first one to hand you the money gets it."

That's when Evil Ed high fived me and I started feeling better.

Jeep4me is a good guy...I'm glad he got it and hope he finds an original seat for it
.:wink:
No doubt Gerry..
Jeep and I have talked and I'll look see what I might have..

Congratz on getting Jack's bike back together and running...1st place? pretty impressive :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

No doubt Gerry..
Jeep and I have talked and I'll look see what I might have..

A rough looking Powell seat just went up on Ebay for cheap so might get you by for now.

Also KKK/Jeep just a thought - if you took the PA turnpike they have a crew/dept. that regularly patrols the road removing "hazardous" debris, if that seat came off on the turnpike there is a good chance it's in the back of one of the crew trucks now. Get the right person on the phone and maybe a pic in their hands and you never know... stranger things have happened :shrug:

Also KKK/Jeep just a thought - if you took the PA turnpike they have a crew/dept. that regularly patrols the road removing "hazardous" debris, if that seat came off on the turnpike there is a good chance it's in the back of one of the crew trucks now. Get the right person on the phone and maybe a pic in their hands and you never know... stranger things have happened :shrug:
I actually think that after a 4 1/2 hour ride that seat fell off within 5 minutes of Jeff's house. My son and I both heard something hit the ground and jingle as we were climbing the hill....I just assumed it was a chain or strap come loose...but thinking back I'm sure it was the large Powell wing nut that holds the seat. It was 3:00 am and pitch black...even if we had stopped if that seat flew into the brush/ivy on the side of the road we would never have found it. We retraced our steps in the morning for the last couple miles and made a few passes...too many places for it to hide.

As of this moment...I am deleting the thought from my memory bank...what Powell...what seat??:confused:

I actually think that after a 4 1/2 hour ride that seat fell off within 5 minutes of Jeff's house. My son and I both heard something hit the ground and jingle as we were climbing the hill....I just assumed it was a chain or strap come loose...but thinking back I'm sure it was the large Powell wing nut that holds the seat. It was 3:00 am and pitch black...even if we had stopped if that seat flew into the brush/ivy on the side of the road we would never have found it. We retraced our steps in the morning for the last couple miles and made a few passes...too many places for it to hide.

As of this moment...I am deleting the thought from my memory bank...what Powell...what seat??:confused:
With that BAD-ASS Bonanza of yours, what do you need a Powell for anyway??? :wink::thumbsup:

minibike show photos

well i finally have time to post some photos my dad took of the minibikes in the show, here ya go!

here is my Best of Show 18- Rupp TT500

UAnyway...... Me, Jared, and BOOBOO just got to the house after two long days in the truck. Dropped the trailer at the old man's place and didn't even so much as open it to grab my suitcase. :laugh:

I'd promise to upload pics, but in all honesty, I didn't take but like 5 all weekend..... Too much to see and do! It was great to see everyone again and meet some new faces too, we had a blast!

Anyway...... Me, Jared, and BOOBOO just got to the house after two long days in the truck. Dropped the trailer at the old man's place and didn't even so much as open it to grab my suitcase. :laugh:

I'd promise to upload pics, but in all hinesty, I didn't ake but like 5 all weekend..... Too much to see and do! It was great to see everyone again and meet some new faces too, we had a blast!
Glad you got home safe. It was nice seeing the family.:thumbsup: I think I took 4 pictures last year:laugh::laugh:

I just noticed the lights blinking on the cop car. :laugh::laugh: