1948 doodlebug super

Hmmm....I think I may have paid too much for mine. In one month I will be heading to the west coast to pick up the one I "won" on Ebay. I never heard of one until my 78 yr old neighbor was telling me one day he had a doodlebug. In my words "oh, you had a Fox too", he came back with "no, I think I bought it at Gambles", then told me he was 13 at the time. He and a bunch of kids around there had them. Then he said when the first Cushman came into the area, they all forgot about the Doodlebugs, because everyone wanted those "big" bikes! So I am blaming him for this purchase that I made. :confused: The one on CL is looking awfully nice, and wished one like that would have come up around here.

this is one of the nicest ones ive seen, located about a hour from me, but $1700 for a mini to a rookie like me is some major cabbage. But to a major collector it sure is purdy. :thumbsup:

this is one of the nicest ones ive seen, located about a hour from me, but $1700 for a mini to a rookie like me is some major cabbage. But to a major collector it sure is purdy. :thumbsup:
You are not a rookie anymore..you have been officially upgraded to "novice":laugh:. It is a nice looking bike. But 1700 is hard to justify at this point.

toomanytoys

Dropping more than a couple hundred is a lot. I out down some good money for the ct90 I bought. I about cried but in the end it was worth it

Hounddog

No I did not buy it, I didn't....but I did hear it will be in the neighborhood? Its about time some of the east coast minis start coming out west!:thumbsup:

HD