A Cat for the Briggs guys

Early in the year i bought a roller off the classifieds from Andy, (capguncowboy). It was in pretty decent shape but not good enough in my book to consider it a survivor. It had the usual cat problems chopped up engine plate, stuck fork bolt and bent sprocket mounting bracket on the rear wheel. This one always got pushed aside for other projects. Its finally finished, well almost. I need to order a longer brake cable for it from OldMiniBikes. It has a real nice smooth running late 60's 4 hp briggs that really hauls. Bars, forks, fenders have been re chromed. Hope you guys like it.

IMG_4160.JPG IMG_4161.JPG IMG_4164.JPG IMG_4165.JPG IMG_4166.JPG IMG_4167.JPG IMG_4168.JPG IMG_4169.JPG

Thanks Bob, and not so mini bike. I might bring one to the hot dog hut, most likely one of the eliminators. The chain guides are available at OldMiniBikes under vintage reproduction cat.

Thank you , 212 Nasty, taco loco joe, buckeye, andy, nate and cory for the comments i appreciate it :smile:. Thanks Andy for posting the before pic, i didnt have any of the bike.

markus

came out great, that is such a kick ass color on a tube frame. I personally don't like the way the HPE bikes ride (feel like the bolt on bars are gonna rip off when I am riding), which really bums me out because they are the coolest when it comes to looks and style for the early 70's bikes hands down!!! Nice work! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
came out great, that is such a kick ass color on a tube frame. I personally don't like the way the HPE bikes ride (feel like the bolt on bars are gonna rip off when I am riding), which really bums me out because they are the coolest when it comes to looks and style for the early 70's bikes hands down!!! Nice work! :thumbsup:
Thank you Markus. I hear ya on the bars, they are the achillies heel of the cats. Dont know what they were thinking supporting them things with two 5/16 bolts, but they look cool. If you ride normal there is not a problem with them. Once you start pulling, pushing and jumping with them somethings gonna give.

Funny you guys are talking about the bars. I recently bought another CAT and when I broke it down one of the original owners had a pair of rods going from inside the handlebars down through the forks which I found quite interesting. The bars were twisted up beyond repair but I can see from that what you two are talking about. Not one of the best designs but hey, they were just selling mini bikes back in the day and not to concerned with the safety of the riders.

They are some of the coolest looking bikes though!