Baja Mini Dirtbike

i just bought one that has been taken apart beat on and put away wet. its in bad condition right now but a nice big wheeled bike that will make a nice rider next year

OldMan

It may have an "Under-drive" unit in place, basically a gear reduction between motor and rear-wheel... get rid of that bit of silly-ness and it should be a good performer!

they are all over the place used and sold along side doodles at stores. (cheap Chinese) They are low geared but that can be fixed. Gas tank is fake.

They look much better when you hide what they are. :thefinger:

Heres one of the billions selling locally.

EWWWW swap that clutch for a TAV, looks like it'll change right over same bracket an all. It'll move GOOD then!!!!

Goat, that's an awesome looking Baja, is it yours??

they are all over the place used and sold along side doodles at stores. (cheap Chinese) They are low geared but that can be fixed. Gas tank is fake.

They look much better when you hide what they are. :thefinger:

Heres one of the billions selling locally.

Now that is cool! I am not sure what I am going to do with it yet but I think it will be a fun project.

EWWWW swap that clutch for a TAV, looks like it'll change right over same bracket an all. It'll move GOOD then!!!!

Goat, that's an awesome looking Baja, is it yours??
Ya I have my Bigcat set up like a TAV just no cover and it is a sweet machine to ride. I had it over at the deer lease this past weekend and I had a blast on it.

they are nice bikes but they are sloooooow as slow gets change the clutch do something that is the only draw back other than that they can be real nice bikes good luck !!

They are kind of slow, but you need the gear reduction with the big wheels. A TAV would make it perform a lot better though. They do ride good and have lighting coils. They really are OK as is if you just want to ride around. Mine only runs about 22 mph with a Central Machinery 6.5 hp. The Jiang Dong engines aren't the beast clones, but the lighting coils fit on the other engine after I tapped threads in the little mounting posts.

Well I picked it up today. Not as good a shape as he told but is still pretty nice. just a few very minor dings, it runs awesome and I was expecting a turtle from some of the post but it is pretty quick and I really like it. It wont stand up on the rear tire like my Bigcat does but it has plenty of low end and moves along pretty good. The motor looks like a clone but it say Homelite, is this the same company that sells chainsaws?

Those are good bikes. I've seen them handle over 600lbs of man while jumping & nothing ended up broken or cracked. Plus they are extremely comfortable to ride & are very easy to mod. First thing I would do is get rid of the stock air cleaner, drill out the main jet, take off the stock muffler & make a better header for it. If you really want to get into it, you can shave down the bolt that hlds the butterfly on the throttle shaft. My friends bike will do right around 30mph with his 320lb. body on it with the factory under-drive system on it. Speed was measured by pacing my 2006 Honda S2000.

Motra

A friend of mine put the TAV2 on his and it hauls ass. He smokes me on my Doodle Bug with a TAV2. The engine isn't a Homelight, It's probably just a sticker. Besides, Homelight saws aren't what they used to be, now they're cheap Chinese throwaway saws.