CAT Clutch Guard Decal and Paint Code

I know it's probably stupid to combine these two questions but here goes....

#1 is anybody re-producing this chain guard foil decal?

#2 has anybody ever tried to match that original Gold/Green metallic paint they used and figured out the paint code or something close...?

thanks in advance.....:thumbsup:

I had them re-popped, but they were no longer on foil. Close, but not exact. The vinyl guy I know cannot do foil. Minibike wee had a website I believe?

I had them re-popped, but they were no longer on foil. Close, but not exact. The vinyl guy I know cannot do foil. Minibike wee had a website I believe?
I know Mini Bike Wee did some nice foils in the past....sending out the beacon for Mini Bike Wee......

alright so I suck at photoshop......:doah:

Last edited:
#2 has anybody ever tried to match that original Gold/Green metallic paint they used and figured out the paint code or something close...?

thanks in advance.....:thumbsup:

Hard to tell the color on my monitor, is that a Eliminator/Dominator frame? (yellowish/gold)

i have a n o s decal that im not selling but very rare that i got it..
I hope your not the guy that paid $150 for that one that sold on ebay a while back?

mybiz

Dupli-color This is Metalcast Yellow Anodized 1st i grey primer 2nd MC100 metalcast ground coat 3rd yellow Anodized. This is what my eliminator looks like. I haven't wet sanded yet

mybiz

I painted the frame late last summer and haven't touched it since.:doah:It came out a little brighter and yellower than I wanted. After I was done I wondered if id shot a very thin coat of green metalcast and then the yellow metalcast. It might have come out closer to what I wanted. The bottom pic is the original paint but it was really faded.

...looks good, I'm a metallic/ metalflake junky so I like it !! :thumbsup:

I'm trying to match that flake that's on the old CAT Dominator seat I have ....I've been checking out the new Jeeps, they have a sort of Green/Gold metallic that I think is gonna work good.

Last edited:
ahhhhhhh...I have the same seat but it's got more green in it...lemme see if I have a pic.

you look like you have a good match there... those old CAT seats are the coolest :thumbsup:

hard to tell from this pic, but this seat looks a lot "greener" in person:

doesn't match a gold or green frame...somewhere in between

Last edited:
I painted the frame late last summer

Looks great Kris....I have tries all of the metalcast duplicolor paint and it works awesome...I gotta ask ya....Did the yellow smell like cat piss when you sprayed it? Seriously, When I tried that color thats what it smelled like:eek:, both when it was wet and even for a while after it dried. None of the other colors smelled like that.

Did the yellow smell like cat piss when you sprayed it? Seriously, When I tried that color thats what it smelled like:eek:
man there is no mistaking that smell...one year I kept smelling it in my garage...drove me nuts for months...finally found a transmission under my bench that musta had it on it when I bought it...had to put it outside :doah:

mybiz

Oh my did the yellow stink! It had a strong like creosote like you smell on 100 plus degree day on railroad ties and telephone poles. Yes it wasn't a pleasant smell.:eek: I'm going to be painting my trail horse ez-rider metalcast orange hope it smells like paint.