Comet 30 on a Baja Warrior= AWESOME!

joekd

There is a really good soft dirt area right down the road from me, guy who lives there took his bobcat out and made a little track for him and his buddy's to ride ATVs on

Ton of woods trails too but most are easy riding

There is a really good soft dirt area right down the road from me, guy who lives there took his bobcat out and made a little track for him and his buddy's to ride ATVs on

Ton of woods trails too but most are easy riding
awesomee. ill check back in bout a year when im driving :thumbsup:

just so this gets carried over to the next page:

[YOUTUBE]last ride at the hop hollow field - YouTube![/YOUTUBE][/QUOTE]

I am not impressed.

You most likely were given the minibike....
You probably are the one that cuts the grass....

Dad and Mom work hard to pay for that stuff.
Treat it with some respect.

I am not impressed.

You most likely were given the minibike....
You probably are the one that cuts the grass....

Dad and Mom work hard to pay for that stuff.
Treat it with some respect.
nope i worked for it... i mow lawns with a push mower to make money.

i also maintain it, with my own hands and my own wallet.

sure, i beat the living sh!t out of it, but thats just me having fun :laugh: the more things that break, the further it gets from stock. its changed alot since i first got it.

think the people before me took care of it? they may have ridden it slow and been careful not to crash, but the clutch was NEVER lubed and the oil was NEVER changed. chain NEVER lubed. air filter NEVER cleaned. all they did was put gas in it and run it, for 5 whole years, then sold it to me haha.

heres me driving through a huge puddle with a layer of ice over top. its loud because the muffler broke off... fixed it when i got home.

[YOUTUBE]deep puddle with the baja warrior - YouTube[/YOUTUBE]

I like your videos, looks like you are having a blast, and you just discovered how "well" belt drives do under water:doah:
I learned that lesson the same way.

Get a cover on that TAV, even if you just make one out of sheet metal in the shop at school, doesn't need to be pretty, but it needs to keep your leg away from a spinning clutch and belt when you end up laying the bike down on your left leg.

Keep em coming:thumbsup:

nope i worked for it... i mow lawns with a push mower to make money.

i also maintain it, with my own hands and my own wallet.

sure, i beat the living sh!t out of it, but thats just me having fun :laugh: the more things that break, the further it gets from stock. its changed alot since i first got it.

think the people before me took care of it? they may have ridden it slow and been careful not to crash, but the clutch was NEVER lubed and the oil was NEVER changed. chain NEVER lubed. air filter NEVER cleaned. all they did was put gas in it and run it, for 5 whole years, then sold it to me haha.

heres me driving through a huge puddle with a layer of ice over top. its loud because the muffler broke off... fixed it when i got home.

[YOUTUBE]deep puddle with the baja warrior - YouTube[/YOUTUBE]
You know my nefiew tells me the same things, so does my son.

It mine ect....
I bought it ect...

And I can't argue too much with that.

But If it falls apart or costs you more than it realy had to because you abused it then that also is something you need to pay for.

I like your videos, looks like you are having a blast, and you just discovered how "well" belt drives do under water:doah:
I learned that lesson the same way.

Get a cover on that TAV, even if you just make one out of sheet metal in the shop at school, doesn't need to be pretty, but it needs to keep your leg away from a spinning clutch and belt when you end up laying the bike down on your left leg.

Keep em coming:thumbsup:
thank you. yeah i probably should make a cover, it just has to be low profile so that my foot still fits on the peg.

You know my nefiew tells me the same things, so does my son.

It mine ect....
I bought it ect...

And I can't argue too much with that.

But If it falls apart or costs you more than it realy had to because you abused it then that also is something you need to pay for.
when frame parts break (headlight, fenders, pegs, etc) i just make new pieces or repair them. i saved up for a welder so i can do all that for free. if engine parts break, i have a TON of clone parts ive acquired over time. i can blow this engine and fix it for free.

i almost always figure out ways to use what i have to fix something, even if its not easy or bolt-on.

joekd

Make something like this, it's made for the TAV on my son's Yerf dog but something similar shouldn't be hard to piece together

i really dont know what to do about the cover :facepalm: im just afraid ill have no more room for my foot. hmmm. maybe move the foot pegs? i dont know...

used the old flange and made this. gonna have to make a support though so it doesnt break again. i really want to add a spray paint can to the end of this, securely, to give it the deep throaty tone it had before.

That's pretty cool. The header cracked at the flange on mine a couple of weeks ago. Just before a MIG welder I purchased online arrived. Pretty good timing. Fixed it and added a rear support bracket. On my setup I am using a canister type muffler at the end which adds mass thus exacerbating the cracking issue at the header.

Should be fixed now. I'll post up some pictures on the Puma 200 build thread soon.

Quite a unique looking exhaust solution you built. :thumbsup:

i havent heard a clone with a pipe before but man it sounds like a beast. i think im going to have to fab up a pipe for the clone in my baja warrior now :thumbsup:

i think im gonna shorten it a tad and add a spray paint can on the end to make it deeper sounding.

i had one before that fell apart over time, but it sounded real deep and throaty. pretty sweet. ill try to find a pic of the old one, it was a carburetor cleaner can. :smile: