Craigslist Creeps

I know its the way things go, but I have to get this off of my chest. I had been talking to a guy that had two little bikes on Craigslist, we agreed on a deal and I told him I would be over after I got off of work. I completed my work day, got the guy's address, and told him I was en route. He replied, "Okay, I'll see you when you get here". I ran to the house to get the suburban and took off, about a 20 minute trip. I was one block from his house when he called and said, "The bikes have been sold". It was a good thing that my wife had elected to ride along, because she talked me out of kicking the guy's butt. What the hell? Isn't a man's word worth anything anymore? I've made and completed verbal deals with guys on OldMiniBikes with ZERO issues, maybe I've been spoiled.
Thats all, I feel better now, thanks for listening...

I know the feeling being on both sides. That is why when I do a deal there, I don't get my hopes up and only use that site for small stuff. Still that was a bum deal.

65ShelbyClone

I absolutely hate Craigslist and the flaky dirtbags that it attracts.

A new trend I have been seeing is people trying to use driving distance as a bargaining chip. "Well, I have to drive __miles, so how about this lowball offer?" That's no different than asking a web retailer to give you free shipping just because you don't live across the street. They will laugh at you for that, so why am I expected to honor the request? :eek:ut:

oldfatguy

when dealing with craigslist it's usually the first one there with the cash gets it. A lot of sellers won't hold an item for someone that might not show up. That was the deal with the last minibike that I bought that a few people called about and wanted, it turned into a mad race to get there first. Then I made sure that I got out of there before any one else showed up. Next time, if you really want it drop everything and go get it.

when dealing with craigslist it's usually the first one there with the cash gets it. A lot of sellers won't hold an item for someone that might not show up. That was the deal with the last minibike that I bought that a few people called about and wanted, it turned into a mad race to get there first. Then I made sure that I got out of there before any one else showed up. Next time, if you really want it drop everything and go get it.

Very well said ..........The last sentence is the kicker

Been there.

just go buy one of these
Bonanza Mini Bike, BC1200, Restored 5hp
Trail Bike Old School 5hp Restored Condition
hes been trying to sell them for about a month now
I made a 3 hour (one way) trip to look at the "Old School" restored condition bike, fully expecting to buy..........
Don't bother if you're looking for restored.
As I described it to my brother....."poofcan restoration".
Picts look nice but this one is really rough. Real nice guy and may actually believe what he's selling but one needs to be expectant of just about anything.

I now what your saying, I have been on both sides, When I,m selling something I do not hold items for potential buyers. I have had way too many buyers tell me there coming out to look at the item or they want it bad and never call or show up and I waited around for them.

toomanytoys

A few years ago I found. 1969 c10 pickup for 2500 dollars. It was 300 miles away. Called him Friday told him I want I'll be there Saturday morning at 10 to pick it up. He responds great call me when you are 30 minutes out and I'll have my friend stop by to do the title.

I get 30 minutes out call him and he said oh I sold it last night i didn't figure you were coming

I was about ready to kill him