Finished Moto Skeeter!!!!!!!

myjunk

Here is a picture of my winter project, a 1971 450 Moto Skeeter. I bought it with the intent of turning around and selling it, but once my little granddaughter saw it she said "hey Grampa someday I want to ride this with you". Well for all you grandparents out there you know what that does to your heart!. I am sure I have more invested in restoring it than what it is worth, but once I see my granddaughter driving it it will become priceless. If you have ever tried to find parts for this model you understand how difficult it can be, that is why I have resored it to my standards rather than show. I am sure the "correct police" will see many things that are not original for the year, but as for me and my granddaughter we couldnt be happier!!! Let me know what you think.

jrzmac

Wow, that came out really nice :thumbsup: any more pics besides that one? if so, please post......I'm a pic whore-der!!!!

myjunk

Hi Clayton, The paint is remakably close to Allis Chalmers orange, and the rims are a grey color I had left over from painting some GMC truck rims!

Hi Clayton, The paint is remakably close to Allis Chalmers orange, and the rims are a grey color I had left over from painting some GMC truck rims!
Sorry the rims looked kinda white in the picture, nevertheless your Skeeter turned out great. That Allis Chamlers orange looks bang on, I was wondering because I am restoring a Moto Skeeter 650 and I have to paint the tank, clutch covers, and fender that color. Once agian. great looking bike. :thumbsup: