going to be getting a lifan 125cc engine

ok so im going to be getting a 125cc lifan with a 4 up manual tranny. what mods can i do to it? im also going to be getting a 22mm carb as its what money permits. so what all mods can i do to make it better? i already know about the bbk. dont have money for that and im going to wait a bit for that mod.

65ShelbyClone

It's not really a minibike engine as it applies to OldMiniBikes.

I'm guessing it's still an exact Honda clone and if that's the case, then there is all manner of aftermarket parts available. Big valve heads, 4v DOHC heads, bigbore kits, cams, etc.

well it may not be a mini bike engine but it is an engine and im using it on a mini bike so to me its a mini bike engine right? any engine used on a mini bike is a mini bike engine in my eyes

sorry still not really making sense of it. but wasnt trying to be rude. but anyways i do kind of get it. it still applies to OldMiniBikes right? is what your saying?

Its just not quite what this site is about.

We tend to be into a small spash lube industrial engine with perhaps CVT but more often just centrifugal clutch.

Thats kind of how we like it.
The simple way around.

Throw more torque at it and mess with sprockets......

But you keep pushing this GY6 thing.
Hey thats great a engine but your going to be in a small minority.

I could go the route with the GY6 too.
Cheap and plenty of aftermarket suport, but thats not what I race...

I race minibikes, with the old gray fat kids....
We fall off have a couple of beer and burn some meat.

Yes my other vehicles are more practical than this but I am insecure about modern life and in denial of old age and death so please tell me I am still young and cool on my souped up minibike of yester year powered by a small engine like I had when I was young......

Get it now?
It all about then......

ok so im going to be getting a 125cc lifan with a 4 up manual tranny. what mods can i do to it? im also going to be getting a 22mm carb as its what money permits. so what all mods can i do to make it better? i already know about the bbk. dont have money for that and im going to wait a bit for that mod.

Just a hint : it's better to do it and enjoy it than talk about it on here because most people on here still think that mini bike terminology has to do with lawn mower engines and not the size of the bike frame like the actual mini bike definition is .

I love my 125cc in my Coleman and it needs no more power , I can wheelie through any intersection and goes 60mph and is tagged and insured .

Bike is tons of fun to ride , but the only drawback is fighting off the people who want to buy it when they see it .

Sounds like a nice project using a clone Honda Horizontal engine. I like Fat boys Coleman.
I have Several of the Honda Horizontal clone engines, you can"t beat them for the money.

F.Y.I GY6 engines are not the type of engine he's talking about, There scooter engines with the transmission built into the engine case for a torque converter and a scooter wheel will mount on the output shaft.
He has a Honda horizontal CT70 style Clone engine.

GY6 info:
AOL Search

Last edited:
hey Fat Boy whats your gearing on your coleman? also i kind of dont know the what it means when it comes to the ratios so if you could in the number of teeth. i would really appreciate it

Last edited: