I'm rich !!

buckeye

I saw that today too. Thought the only person to own one was you.
I might be able to work out a deal for Grandmas hip replacement.:laugh:

There is one of those here on the local craigs list right now the guys claims it is as nice as that one but the pictures dont look as nice as that one. No price either so I asked??
And of corse I got the "well on ebay bla bla bla" but I think he wants offers above 7 or 8 hundred. I told him ebay is his place if he has any chance to get that kind of money.

matt2

Thats a nice mini but $3300.00 holy cow. Hey Ogy did you see his missing boots? It's nice to know that when I do my restor I have a piece most restorers wont have. Thanks Ogy
Ps could you sell one of your minis done for $3300.00? I know you have your heart and soul into them.

There is one of those here on the local craigs list right now the guys claims it is as nice as that one but the pictures dont look as nice as that one. No price either so I asked??
And of corse I got the "well on ebay bla bla bla" but I think he wants offers above 7 or 8 hundred. I told him ebay is his place if he has any chance to get that kind of money.
I take that back, I just read his email and he didnt say any amounts just taking offer he did say he seen one go for $2500 on ebay

Itype2slo

He'd be flagged within minutes here for offering as trade for guns. We have a hell of a flaggit squad here, even the mention of hunting items gets an ad flagged.:eek:ut:

And that briggs on the CL Fox is as wrong as the exhaust on the Ebay bike.:laugh:
Thats what I thought. but the brochure photo with it appears to have a briggs on it. What up with that.

I've been studying this ebay bike and nothing about it makes sense. The 63 & 64 Fox Campus bikes had a cast aluminum tri-lobe nut that held the triple tree onto the steering head. This bike has a long bolt and a hex nut. That didn't come out until 1965 as a cost cutting measure. Casting and machining cost a lot more than a bolt & nut. He says that this bike has the original battery. Fox did use a six volt battery to operate the headlight and brake light because the 63 & 64 Campuses used Briggs motors and they didn't have a lighting coil. So what's a Tech with a lighting coil doing on a 64 model which still has the battery installed? After 1965 Fox did use Techs on their economy model Campus bikes and because they had a lighting coil Fox did away with the battery which was located beneath the white shroud ahead of the seat. As a result they went to a cheaply made seat and eliminated the shroud on those economy models. After thoughtful consideration this is what I believe this fellow is selling. A 1963 or 1964 Fox campus frame with a 1965 or later front end fitted with a 63 or 64 seat with a 1965 or later tail light. In addition, the Tech is not the correct motor for the 63-64 model; the headlight is not a Fox headlight, the front fork springs are nowhere near the originals, the rubber fork boots are missing, the chain guard is totally wrong, the sticker on the front steering head is not even close to the original, the fenders have been repaired with screws, the speedometer panel has been patched up, and the Foxes did not have a hi-lo switch on the handlebars. In my opinion, this bike is a patchwork of odds and ends slapped together and being represented as a "restoration". I think I'll pass on this one. Ogy

I've been studying this ebay bike and nothing about it makes sense. The 63 & 64 Fox Campus bikes had a cast aluminum tri-lobe nut that held the triple tree onto the steering head. This bike has a long bolt and a hex nut. That didn't come out until 1965 as a cost cutting measure. Casting and machining cost a lot more than a bolt & nut. He says that this bike has the original battery. Fox did use a six volt battery to operate the headlight and brake light because the 63 & 64 Campuses used Briggs motors and they didn't have a lighting coil. So what's a Tech with a lighting coil doing on a 64 model which still has the battery installed? After 1965 Fox did use Techs on their economy model Campus bikes and because they had a lighting coil Fox did away with the battery which was located beneath the white shroud ahead of the seat. As a result they went to a cheaply made seat and eliminated the shroud on those economy models. After thoughtful consideration this is what I believe this fellow is selling. A 1963 or 1964 Fox campus frame with a 1965 or later front end fitted with a 63 or 64 seat with a 1965 or later tail light. In addition, the Tech is not the correct motor for the 63-64 model; the headlight is not a Fox headlight, the front fork springs are nowhere near the originals, the rubber fork boots are missing, the chain guard is totally wrong, the sticker on the front steering head is not even close to the original, the fenders have been repaired with screws, the speedometer panel has been patched up, and the Foxes did not have a hi-lo switch on the handlebars. In my opinion, this bike is a patchwork of odds and ends slapped together and being represented as a "restoration". I think I'll pass on this one. Ogy
So the CL bike is closer to original or is? OK, another Fox Campus lesson from Ogy. He's more realistic at $700 if the story checks out but $2500 maybe not.:shrug: These ebay piecework bikes are a con job and there are a lot it seems. And if they pass em off as anything else the buyer comes on here and gets bad news. I research if a price is high enough to make it pay but an affordable CL score has turned into gold more than once and I have two such scores awaiting a build. But they will be advertised as what they are, pieced together minibikes, the best kind when they are cheap and good riders.:thumbsup: Ebay Smeebay.:laugh:

It also looks like that motor came from a snow blower. I see holes for an electric starter:detective:

Plus the frame has an ugly weld right where the down tube meets the steering head:grind:

buckeye

Thanks for the lesson ogy. Great knowledge about the history of the Campus bikes.
I wish I had that kind of historical info on the Fox Thunderbolt.

It also looks like that motor came from a snow blower. I see holes for an electric starter:detective:

Plus the frame has an ugly weld right where the down tube meets the steering head:grind:
You're right Mark. I wasn't sure if that's was what I was seeing and that is why I wanted to contact the seller. Fox Campus bikes are notorious for cracking just below the steering head. You've got a sharp eye. Ogy

So the CL bike is closer to original or is? OK, another Fox Campus lesson from Ogy. He's more realistic at $700 if the story checks out but $2500 maybe not.:shrug: These ebay piecework bikes are a con job and there are a lot it seems. And if they pass em off as anything else the buyer comes on here and gets bad news. I research if a price is high enough to make it pay but an affordable CL score has turned into gold more than once and I have two such scores awaiting a build. But they will be advertised as what they are, pieced together minibikes, the best kind when they are cheap and good riders.:thumbsup: Ebay Smeebay.:laugh:
Ace, From what I can see from the pics; the CL bike looks to be absolutely correct. Now THAT is a truly "original" 1963-64 Fox Campus Bike. Too bad the seller is more interested in fishing than selling his bike. I've dealt with these kind of guys before. They are not really interested in selling their bike. They just list it for a buck and wait and see if they can find a sucker who will give them three or four times what it's worth and then "maybe" they'll let it go. I had a guy from Philadelphia pull this crap on me. He had a collection of Fox bikes, frames. and parts. After an hour of listening to: "I want to sell them all but I want to keep this one but I'll let those two go but I'm not sure about that one and I'll have to look in my shed and see if I can find the pieces to that one etc" It finally dawned on me that this guy was full of s**t. After that he tried to sell them individually on ebay at $2900.00 a pop and got zero bids. So unless someone is willing to offer that CL guy merchandise worth five or six thousand bucks; I seriously doubt that he will sell. Too bad; I'd love to have it. Ogy

So what parts do you have?
Yellow, Most of the extra parts I have lying around were taken off of the bikes that I bought and were too trashed to be of use. By and large I've had to fabricate or reproduce most of the parts I needed for my restorations. Do you have a Fox Campus bike and what kind of parts are you looking for? Ogy