Little petro finally finished

MINI-MATIC

I finally finished this bike.I've been restoring it since the end of July!This bike I would say is about 95% original with only the paint being new,the chrome is all original too.It seems endless hours of work went into this bike,but it has paid off.Enclosed are pictures of the finished bike along with my first bike.One bike has the OHLSSON & RICE engine and the newest bike has the TAS engine with the cool header pipe.Jim Odom is in the process of making the Seats off a mold of the original.As you can see in the pic's,I am in need of one myself,he will also being making the Chain Guards too!! :thumbsup::scooter::thumbsup:

Last edited:

MINI-MATIC

Thanks guys,Randy,the bike w/ the lights,Im guessing is the one you mentioned had a generator,no,actually,the TAS bike is the one without lights and the one O&R ,with lights has a battery box.You can see all the wiring on the seat brace along w/ a battery powered horn that it has,this also being located under the seat! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks guys,Randy,the bike w/ the lights,Im guessing is the one you mentioned had a generator,no,actually,the TAS bike is the one without lights and the one O&R ,with lights has a battery box.You can see all the wiring on the seat brace along w/ a battery powered horn that it has,this also being located under the seat! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
The blower housing fooled me. I thought it was an O&R. The horn will come in handy in traffic:thumbsup:

Hi Wayne,it's a totally different animal,The gear box is simular in design,but the castings are totally different,also,the carbs are different,but,it would work on a o&r,as would many other carbs like a walbro for instance,but any of these adapted setups would mean a custom made intake manifold to allow it to work!:thumbsup:

Actually,the bike was made in So El monte California in the early 60's.There are to date,only 14 of these bikes known to exhist,hopefully,more will be popping up!!:thumbsup:

Really nice job on the build and restoration. Both bikes look great.

Question: what size wheels are those? I'm considering another build using goped wheels as the rollers.

Hi,the wheels were originally 8 inches tall,I had to recut and regroove them,so they are a little bit smaller now.These are solid rubber tires,so there not your typical wheels. b:smile: