need pic of super bronc cover

delray

chatten63
the covers are a flat color for finish,$40 + s/h, I could wet sand and buff them but for the time it takes I would have to double the price to $80 +s/h.
now you quote this:shrug:
I have about 2 hours per cover ,120 minutes. I don't think anyone is going to pay 120 + materials cost for a cover
i don't know anybody that gets payed $60 a hour to work on that type fiberglass? maybe you need to just take a break from it for now.....:thumbsup:and finish on your projects........:scooter: i think last weekend with that fox cover put you over the edge with this fiberglass stuff...:shrug:

delray

nice tank newoldstock.........:thumbsup:maybe post a new thread under projects on how you build them. i guy could make alot different size tanks with oil filters.........:thumbsup:

Not much to it.
I used large size 5 1/4 diameter hydraulic filters from the garbage at the local truck stop.
I made a band from a piece of steel strapping used to hold freight on shipping pallets.
Sand acid wash and flux and flame solder all the bit together.
clone stuff :: 100_9867.jpg picture by Dougwp - Photobucket
I did a double band inthe tow areas where the sadles would go to hang the tank.
As seen in other post.
The filler neck is from a garden hose, and the sadle is justa piece of pipe I sliced with a saws all and hammered to curl up around the frame rail on one side and the tank on the other.
clone stuff :: 100_9876.jpg picture by Dougwp - Photobucket
The sadle is held in place with a 5/16 bolt and wing nut threw the factory 165 fake gas tank mount.
A valve from a lawnboy mower is threaded into a 1/4 steel washer solder to the tank bottom.

A little sliver paint and its done.....

You can get fancy too!
This was a still born 2 compartment tank for a methonal engine.
One side was intended to hold methanol and the other flush to prevent corrosion.
clone stuff :: 100_9977.jpg picture by Dougwp - Photobucket

This is old news.
others have built them now too

your right this fox cover is really p%#$& me off,but rate at a body shop for working on this stuff would be $55-$65 a hour. A good friend says I'm nuts for doing them ,youwill never get your time and money out of them.The 2 fox covers and a boonie cover will be it,done.

delray

and no picture of it buckeye.........:shrug: well actually i have seen it and held it.........:laugh: are going with any factory decals on it.

Thanks for posting a picture of the fox cover Buckeye. The decal really sets the cover off. As fo9r the super bronc covers I am needing tomake 1more and then I have to get ready for Windber Reunion. I will have some more made end of June for members on here. Thanks everyone for the reqests for the covers and positive feedback on them.