need pic of super bronc cover

oseanc

Here is what mine looks like. The previous owner removed the stickers :doah: then scratched the :censure: out of the chrome probably trying to remove the glue! Anyone out there have a sticker kit to slap on this bronc?

delray

hey leathernun666, here is couple pictures of the stud mount cousin was talkng about for boonie glass cover. also he is using a narrow steel plate with nuts spot welded to it for more reforcement to hold the cover down.

the covers are a flat color for finish,$40 + s/h, I could wet sand and buff them but for the time it takes I would have to double the price to $80 +s/h. the polished finish don't really look right on the bike.Original covers had a dull look to them.

mybiz

That's what I thought, I just didn't want to have to dig through my many boxes of treasures, Some day I'll mark what's in what box,

delray

i got the boonie cover out that you made chatten63 and match it up with a new comet cover that would of been the same finish has a super bronc cover and wet sand the boonie cover with 2000grit paper(before pic) and that took me about 12minutes to do. i only had some meguiars tech wax laying around, so i really didn't have correct stuff that i would normally use. for example a buffing wheel and 3m material to take out the 2000grit lines. so it took me little longer to rub out the lines, about 15mins. if i had a wooden fixture to mount the cover in and correct buffing wheel/material i would of had it done in about 5 minutes and with the gel coat being much thicker then paint. you can really go to town with a buffing wheel and not burn thru...:grind: only other finishing problem that i had was it look like it may have had some sort of containments in the gel coat material,but very hard to see if you where standing and looking at it on the bike. has you can see in the pictures. it's almost a perfect match.....:thumbsup:
BEFORE----------------------------------------------------AFTER

You need to remember ,the smoother you get something and the more polished it shows more imperfections,gel coat is about twice as thick as paint,but once you go through its junk,unless you respray. Time is money,figure about $1 a minute ,at that rate I'm not realy making anything on these.Makes me think about it now,is it really worth it :shrug:

delray

i told you in the beginning to firgure out your time and money that you would be putting into these covers and not to just set a low price and give your time/money away. one thing you got to remember that most of the guys that want to by a cover are guys that are into there 30's and older and want something that looks good and works and are willing to pay for it, thats if it is done right......:thumbsup:
look at it this way. how much do you think someone or i should say some people would pay for a NOS super bronc cover on ebay? or a boonie cover? easy $150 bucks or more:shrug: how much do you think you can sell you covers and still make little:shrug: