New manual clutch coming out.

Yes, I got on the wait list also....but am still not sure I'll buy one till they are proven. (since the first generation had such issues)

Shucks, the price tag on that is higher than what I've paid for any one of my 9 vintage mini bikes :laugh:

Last edited:
the way that actuator works along with the outer brace, looks like there is zero side loading on the crankshaft

MB165 , I appreciate the information you shared. That means a lot to me, coming from you. It gives me more encouragement, that this design will work out !

MB165

i certainly dont like the way we were left hanging with V.1, it wasnt that bad, i wanted to get the HD friction liner as a spare, then poof........ gone..... i sold mine just because of that.........im gonna ask some questions before paying for this one.

when I bought the downs brothers waaay early on, They also said it would hold 20hp and we all know it was no where near that amount. Mine is still sitting in the box on the shelf covered in dust.

125ccCrazy

unless this holds up to hard launches and hp for drag racing or kart racing I don't see much use for a manual clutch on an engine with no gears...it will be more of a conversation piece IMO...

unless this holds up to hard launches and hp for drag racing or kart racing I don't see much use for a manual clutch on an engine with no gears...it will be more of a conversation piece IMO...
Thats what i was thinking. what we need now is a nice little inline 3 speed to put in place of a jackshaft.

I don't know if anyone has seen this on ebay but its only 179.00 plus 10 for shipping. I might be a little late to the convo but thought I would mention it as no one has mentioned anything about it on flea bay

i seen it the other day when browsing then i stumbled on this thread about it. i thought it looked pretty cool but you can get a 2 disk bully for 200 bucks. and that will hold 20hp. i would like to try one of these though. nothing like dumping the clutch on something. LOL its supposed to be rated for 20hp and 25 foot pounds of torque. who ever made it better hope that it holds that power because they know the mini bikes are putting that power out. if it holds that's a hell of a deal.

Last edited:
i follow them on facebook- they seem to post a lot there. i made an account on OldMiniBikes to see if anyone has used one yet and could give a review. looks like not. they just posted this video on facebook yesterday

[video=youtube;HBxhAfgWqfA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBxhAfgWqfA[/video]

Hello and welcome.... that does seem cool... this gen of clutch....
I have the first one and defiantly couldnt launch it like that....
Well have to see when more people chime in that they have bought it.