Not sure what to do with my Baja Warrior

I have had my Baja Warrior for a few months now, and recently it has been nothing but a money pit. It didn't want to start up one day, so I cleaned the carburetor out multiple times and it did start once, but after that it didn't. I bought a $70 carburetor for it and it still doesn't want to start (though it sounds a lot better). I have put a new front chain, clutch, custom exhaust, and fixed some cracks with welds on the motor plate. It needs a new throttle cable, but I am hesitant of putting more money into it if it won't run. If anyone has any suggestions on what I should do with it please let me know. I have it on Craigslist now.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Any chance it ran fine before the welding ?

Once, I fried my electronic ignition when welding.

I have never done it again but, I disconnect all wiring before I weld now.

X-2 ^^^^^^^^^^^^ :thumbsup:

Another thing I've ended up doing is buying 5 gallons of ethanol free 91 octane fuel and switching all my mini's over....No moe ethanol in my mini's or karts. :scooter:

Sounds silly and basic but since you didn't mention it.....double check fora fouled spark plug? even a bit of shiny black on the electrode can drive you nuts with hard or non-starting. I have had to relearn this several times now, myself....lol.

Sent from my TI-99/4A using ARPANET Dial-Up V1.0

70 dollar carb? send it back. you can get a whole motor from harbor freight for 100 but there was probably nothing wrong with old one except dirty. check for the spark, check for compression. take the valve cover off and make sure the valves are moving and not stuck.

its not a money pit if you slow down and take things a step at a time, get the right advice, and dont just go buy a carb because you think it will fix everything