# Powell Project #

I think you might have to turn that bolt around :doah: Looks great though :thumbsup:
Yep...I had to turn it a round....just used the same size bolt and drove it through the opposite side... and Thanks Randy.

Thanks doggie...:thumbsup:

Wow. Hot Rod Yellow with that Engine. Good Choice!
Thanks Joe....:thumbsup:

Looks real sharp Eric!! Is the shifter arm out for chrome?
No nothing out for chrome yet...I got to do some more gathering of parts first.....this being sick has got me down a little.

Thanks Jason..:surrender:..finally give in and went to see my local Doc today and after a shot and a couple hundred bucks for pills and sprays..:crying:..I'm feeling better already ! :smile:

I've decided to put the Powell project on hold for a now, with so many Brothers , Sisters, Familys and Friends and yes even Old Mini Bikers hurting and homeless....I just can't spend my money on a mini right now...knowing these people can use it for so much more. I'm depositing my chrome money that I've been stashing for a while in the bank tomorrow.
Sending some money to these southern brothers and there family....The Gibbs family. (3g Family)
There paypal is mach1lincoln@gmail.com Any thing you can send will help. Or message buckeye ( Tom ) or chipper (Angelo ) for info.
Thoughts and Prayers are with you 3g Family

Just Imagine If You had No Home to Go to Tonight !:helpsmilie:

Last edited:
:eek:uhm...never thought about that....I plan on cutting the bolt end off as close to the lock nut as possible. But I better check it out today forsure. Thanks John.
They do make a short nylock nut if you need the space.
https://www.fastenal.com/products/fasteners/nuts/lock-nuts?r=~|categoryl1:"600000 Fasteners"|~ ~|categoryl2:"600072 Nuts"|~ ~|categoryl3:"600081 Lock Nuts"|~ ~|sattr01:^"Imperial (Inch)"$|~ ~|sattr03:^"Nylon Insert Lock Nut"$|~ ~|sattr08:^Jam$|~

CarPlayLB

E...pass this tip along!
When putting a spring in a Powell, simply move the limit strap back and put the spring in. Compress the swingarm then move the limit strap back over the spring perch...voila! That is how it's done. This will even work after powder coating if you are careful!

I've decided to put the Powell project on hold for a now, with so many Brothers , Sisters, Familys and Friends and yes even Old Mini Bikers hurting and homeless....I just can't spend my money on a mini right now...knowing these people can use it for so much more. I'm depositing my chrome money that I've been stashing for a while in the bank tomorrow.
Sending some money to these southern brothers and there family....The Gibbs family. (3g Family)
There paypal is mach1lincoln@gmail.com Any thing you can send will help. Or message buckeye ( Tom ) or chipper (Angelo ) for info.
Thoughts and Prayers are with you 3g Family

Just Imagine If You had No Home to Go to Tonight !:helpsmilie:
You are right on target. We sent our check to the Louisiana Methodist Conference for their relief efforts yesterday.

Rear wheel and tire, new bearings (Thanks Randy ! ) and axle. Sanded, cleaned, primed and painted Dupli color Chrome. Tire is a Carlisle 4:80 x 4:00 - 8 Double Indian head knobby.

Brake drum side of wheel has new brake lining.

I've talked to Doc and got the number of his chrome guy in Ohio, I'll be calling them Monday and hopefully sending the forks and shifter to them for some " Real Chrome ".:biggrin::biggrin:

Got the Powell forks taking apart and hopefully sending them out for chrome first of the week.

Torque converter cover is painted and installed.

Thanks Jason and Randy for this very cool decal ! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

6doggie3

That yellow really looks good! I have 7 Powell's and 1 of them will be some shade of yellow?
And the hillbilly chrome Or ghetto chrome as we call it came out nice also!
I have to get me a some Saape decals? When are you repopping torque converter covers?