Pre 1963 vintage nos apache minibike

What is it? He's 20 miles from me. It's been painted, you can see the decal was masked off? I wonder if the chain guard is off of a piece of equipment and the bike is a what is a ????????

I guess I'm question it, IMO it's not 400 bucks. But I was wrong....... Once:laugh:

Ya know I looked at it again and you may be right about the decal and what about the seat even inside storage you would think that white would have yellowed a little and look at the brake peddal looks like its missing a bushing

Never heard of that bike. It looks like a repaint to me but a long time ago and it looks to have never been ridden. Maybe a kit and someone didn't like the color ?? Randy, you and Wayne go check it out and come home with that sucker or sucka like we say in New England !

oldsledz

That shade of green was popular in the late 60s early 70s.

I am not sure it has been repainted. I think the decal has shrunk and you are seeing the glue from where it has pulled away.

My theory is that the guard is not original to the bike but a generator shroud or the like, it was painted to match as it dont look original to the machine. But then again it dont look to have been powered by a gasoline engine originally. Maybe it was shop built at the Apache factory as a boredom remedy or for the hell of it, the bike looks like more than one person welded on it. One good welder and one that could get by barely it would seem. It looks like it was masked off to me but I cant see that well. Hell I dont know!:anon.sml:

na that looks like the clear border of the sticker. You can see the same color is under the sticker where it got dinged. looks original to me. I found a couple old rollfast bicycles that were in somebodys shed since the 60s and after i cleaned the gunk off they were in better shape than that.

that looks like the dumbest weakest handlebar clamp ever .It looks like the company was playing around with ideas .Might be a prototype and i dont see much value in its usability but there is value in its rarity i suppose .Room decor:shrug:

na that looks like the clear border of the sticker. You can see the same color is under the sticker where it got dinged. looks original to me. I found a couple old rollfast bicycles that were in somebodys shed since the 60s and after i cleaned the gunk off they were in better shape than that.
It could be the sticker I cant see it good enough. It's cool enough and I'd like to have it and finish it whatever it is, it would be unusual. Nobody has identified it thus far and it's not bad looking, but it'll go for more than I'm willing to pay. Wish I'd found it, it would have a briggs 3.5 off my fleet of edgers and be zooming around the block already. Someone attempted to put some sort of engine on that half ass jackshaft contraption at one time. I like the braided asbestos band brake, that's a rare piece there!:thumbsup:

Well I can tell ya this...They are VERY cool bikes. We (me and my dad) own 2 of them. Still to this day don't know for sure who made them...but looks like I might have just found out !! If you guys would like to see some pics I can snap some this weekend.

In the auction it states that zipcodes came out in 1963 , is this true?? So does that make my Donelson Mini-Mule as made before 1963 ?? I have found no one who has ever seen a bike like this to have an opinion as to when it was made and I am just searching for info . any info would be helpful

As you can see neither one is finished at this point. The one with the all white seat was pretty complete. The one with the red and white seat was another story...it was just about ready for the junk pile when found. It was BADLY hacked up. Much of the frame has been repaired & replaced. The foot brake is not intact on that one.

The all white seat one has not had much done to it other then the fenders have been lowered, and someone at sometime replaced the handlebar risers.
BOTH bikes have had the rear sprocket replaced as the original sprocket was HUGE ! (something like 82 or 84 teeth or something crazy)

They are pretty decent sized bikes although the actual wheelbase is rather short. They are among the most comfortable mini bikes I have rode.
These are technically both my dads bikes... so don't hack on me about the motor choices (yes I even cringe at the Honda a little on the one) He is an old man and likes the OHV motors.:shrug: (they start easy) The bike with the Tec moves out pretty good.

Any questions...ask away.

Found another one !!! It is VERY ROUGH !!! I have some MAJOR de-hacking to do...:hammer::hack::grind::weld:
I love these bikes though and the fact they were made in Mn....makes it even better :thumbsup:

So after some research, it tuns out that this latest Apache that is pictured above, is in fact the same bike that this thread was originally posted about. It started out in Pennsylvania and ended up in Indiana.

So any ideas what engine would look good on this :wink::laugh: