Sleeve for 1" to 3/4" output shaft

Anyone know where I can get a bushing or sleeve to use on a 3/4" shaft to bring it up to an inch? I can't seem to find one. I actually want to use a spare motor on a leaf blower that requires a 1" shaft.

delray

most hardware stores have machine out bronze bushings,3/4-1. not sure if that will hold up to you project?

delray

just cut a slot out in the bushing and go with a fab up keyway that is little taller then a stock keyway? then the bushing would just be a spacer for the 3/4-1 ?????

Try an electric motor supply my brother rewinds electric motors here at a shop, and they had some bushings with the slot cut out for the key. I have one for 5/8 to 3/4 so i'm sure they make other sizes . :hack::grind::hammer:

mybiz

george3

I knew what he needed but didnt know anybody sold it. easy to make on a milling mach. good find. pricy piece + shipping. wonder if bmi sells it?

I knew what he needed but didnt know anybody sold it. easy to make on a milling mach. good find. pricy piece + shipping. wonder if bmi sells it?
I dunno about pricey, depends on what your frustration is worth?? I like to save like everyone else but 25 bucks to your door, for the exact part you need is worth it to me. If they sell it, someone else probably does too, you may be able to save a few bucks if you look hard enough??

yea id sell the 1" and buy a new 3/4 and make money rather than spend it. Or just look for a cheap 3/4 and save the 1" for 25$ you can buy a new clutch

Thanks for the link. That's exactly what I need. I've spent a lot of time searching the internet looking for this. I asked my local lawnmower repair guy and he never heard of such a thing. You guys were my last resort before going out to buy a 1" motor. The motor and blower were both pulled from the curb. The blower had a motor with a broken rod. The motor I want to use was from a pressure washer I picked from recycling center that had a rusted and cruddy tank and carb. I swapped the tank and carb over from the blower and the motor runs great.

Thanks again

george3

dont waste your money on the sleeve. buy a clutch. I have quite a few extras my self pm me. might work something out for you.

I just don't get it !!! The post was asking for a shaft enlarger for a non mini bike project it was to mate an engine to a leaf blower . so where does a clutch come into this topic.
Good information was supplied by mybiz with a link to small engine whearhouse. and it should of supplied the project with a close. He don't need a clutch :doah:
Steve :scooter: