Speedometer, RPM, And Temp Gauge for $100

vette66_00

As the title says Speedometer, RPM, And Temp Gauge for $100. Its a Vapor Trail Tech. Although I'm not installing it on a a Mini Bike it would work very well for one. It comes with mounts that would allow you to mount it on the handle bar of any minibike with round stock tubing 5/8" to 1". It has sensors that allow you to hook up a the speedo, the Rpm's, and the cylinder Head temp via a spark plug copper washer sensor(which comes in 12mm and 14mm sizes order specific) Only thing needed to buy extra is the extension wire since the stock sensor is 12".

This thing does a ton of stuff. Tells you Temps of engine and ambient air. Has top speed, ride time, warning lights (for both High temp and RPM max (also shift light), Clock, Odometer permanent and resettable, also has backlight, RPM's are displayed as a bar graph and as a number (good up to 20,000 rpm's). Can be run on 12 volts and without. Has internal Battery good for stand alone operation with out 12 volts for 500 hours. Dementions are 4 inches wide and 2.5 inches tall and 1.5 inches deep without mounting.

Just thought I'd share.

Also way cheaper than the GO-Kart ones for 300-500 that do similar things.

Last edited:

vette66_00

Here is the Manufacture link Vapor Digital Gauge at Trail Tech Home

And the ebay link that I bought.

YAMAHA 200 BLASTER TRAIL TECH VAPOR COMPUTER KIT 03-07: eBay Motors (item 360192682184 end time Jul-22-10 07:09:23 PDT)

They went up a few dollars since I bought mine.

EDIT: Found one for under $100 not who I purchased from but should be fine... ALSO wanted to add Trail Tech Customer service is 100% awesome.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Trail-Tech-YAMAHA-BLASTER-03-07-VAPOR-COMPUTER-KIT-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem439d4b678aQQitemZ290401773450QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Last edited:

Liam

Lets say I was going to buy one of these, which one would I buy? There doesn't appear to be one for general use. They all seem to be for specific bikes... :confused:

Really just depends on the engine spark plug size. Any air cooled motorcycle brand/make will work. You have a choice of 12mm and 14mm spark plugs the rest is just bolt on and setup.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I'm thinking of maybe getting one of these are trying it out. But I always like to see it in action from someone else before making my mind up.

Speedometer - Cheap

If all you want is a speedometer, these Ebay things are really cheap. Less than $10 with shipping.

I just received it and have not installed it yet. I figured for the price, it's worth a shot.

they give:
Current Speed
Max Speed
Average speed
Odometer
Outside temp
tire RPM
Time
Total time ridden
And More..

125ccCrazy

The vapors are nice, lot of guys have them on thier Mid bikes (4 stroke pocket bikes) and atvs....I believe there are a couple versions, a cheaper one without head temp maybe...forget now what they were...