Vintage Minibike Guide magazine

I was wondering if anyone has scan the old Minibike Guide magazines onto CD yet. I think there could be a market for that. These magazines bring good money on ebay, Thats keeps allot of guys from getting them. CD would be a good way to preserve them for the future and let more people to enjoy them.

I only have 2 of them and no scanner. Its a great idea for someone who has a lot of the mags but i know if someone did that, you would see copys for less?

:smile:I have already started and have been scanning them for almost a year now I have nearly every copy and almost all of Mini Cycle. For those that don't know Mini Bike Guide Magazine became Mini Cycle Magazine in 1972. Issues will be available on DVD due to the size of each file not sure how many issues will fit on each DVD or what issues but I'm hopeful to have this info soon. Each magazine has been taken apart each page has been scanned at 300dpi and has been edited with photoshop and converted to a PDF file. :thumbsup:

mbg

i am glade you are doing that,but i was thinking would it be legal to copy
each paige,,but insted of disc,,would it be posable to remake a complett
copy,then have copy on pages to have a complet book,,i know it would
not be cheap as you must have a ton of time in it, but as you already
know the org mags are very very expensive to buy,,thanks for what you
are doing,is it possable to do both ? good luck on your venture.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

i am glade you are doing that,but i was thinking would it be legal to copy
each paige,,but insted of disc,,would it be posable to remake a complett
copy,then have copy on pages to have a complet book,,i know it would
not be cheap as you must have a ton of time in it, but as you already
know the org mags are very very expensive to buy,,thanks for what you
are doing,is it possable to do both ? good luck on your venture.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Great points wayne:thumbsup:
I have looked into reprinting each magazine but costs would be out of my range as well make the sale price of each magazine quite costly. As to the publishing rights I have looked into contacting the original publisher with no success.:sadcrying4:
Time invested yes way to many hours to even begin to count them. To do this right in my opinion and its just me being a perfectionist as well as slightly anal about doing this right it takes me anywhere from 3 to 4 hours per magazine as you may or may not know Mini Bike Guide magazine started in 1969 and ran through 1971 Mini Cycle Magazine printed its first issue Jan 1972 and as far as I know only printed through 1974 but I could be wrong on this maybe someone like Mac can clear this up ? Thanks wayne on the vote of confidence as well as your support.:thumbsup:
Any input from other forum members will be highly respected and appreciated.
There is a void in the Mini Bike community and the information within the pages of these magazines is priceless. They need to be preserved and passed on so that others may benefit from the info for years to come.:rockon:

Mac

as you may or may not know Mini Bike Guide magazine started in 1969 and ran through 1971 Mini Cycle Magazine printed its first issue Jan 1972 and as far as I know only printed through 1974 but I could be wrong on this maybe someone like Mac can clear this up ?
......Sounds good to me.
Too much MiniCyle stuff after December 1972.
That's where my collection of MBG mags ends.
I draw the line at 6" rims.

Mini Bike Guide

Please keep us all posted on your progress, and THANKS! I'm sure many members would purchase some, if not all copies, as fast as we could afford them!!:thumbsup:

bayareaburrito, :thumbsup:Thanks for all the hard work your putting onto converting the magazine onto DVD. I was hopping someone with all of the magazines was doing something like this. I will purchase the complete set when your ready to sell the DVDs. I know the guys making big bucks off selling them on ebay will be P.O. But they can find something else to make big bucks off of.:drinkup:Thanks again and keep us posted on progress.

Hold the Fort MAC

......Sounds good to me.
Too much MiniCyle stuff after December 1972.
That's where my collection of MBG mags ends.
I draw the line at 6" rims.
Hey Mac : I thought you were a all around mini bike guy ? What about the mini bikes that never came with small wheels like the Powell ? The early Rupp's had 6 inch wheels but changed as time past. And even the Bonanza went with 8 inch wheels on a lot of their premium bikes. I saw the changes when I had the store the old style mini bikes were pushed out of the racing events in one season and the crowd followed. Sales of new old style mini bikes just faded away fast.
Keep collecting the past for us.
Steve :scooter:

:smile:I have already started and have been scanning them for almost a year now I have nearly every copy and almost all of Mini Cycle. For those that don't know Mini Bike Guide Magazine became Mini Cycle Magazine in 1972. Issues will be available on DVD due to the size of each file not sure how many issues will fit on each DVD or what issues but I'm hopeful to have this info soon. Each magazine has been taken apart each page has been scanned at 300dpi and has been edited with photoshop and converted to a PDF file. :thumbsup:
You are ripping apart the magazines ?

Thanks to all the awesome OldMiniBikes members for all the interest as well as your support.
I will be making these available to forum members first. :thumbsup:

You are ripping apart the magazines ?
:doah::lol: teeks I don't think so :eek:
Have you seen what these magazines sell for? I have hundreds if not thousands of dollars invested.
There priceless!! but the info needs to be republished so I have painstakingly removing the 3 staples from each magazine's binding scanned each page then reassembling the magazine.

:doah::lol: teeks I don't think so :eek:
Have you seen what these magazines sell for? I have hundreds if not thousands of dollars invested.
There priceless!! but the info needs to be republished so I have painstakingly removing the 3 staples from each magazine's binding scanned each page then reassembling the magazine.
That's funny (have I seen what these go for ?) I have sold mostly every issue of MBG mag. Only 2 have ever brought under $100. I sold a June '70 issue about 4-5yrs ago on eBay for $305. The same guy bought 3 off me in 1 week for $796. So yes, I know what they bring. I search ebay 3 times a day for minibike stuff. 2-3yrs ago the prices dropped way off. Rarely they brought over $45 but in the last year they are just about always $50+ with a lot more getting past $100. I only have 1 left it's not for sale. I had planned on completing the collection but yrs ago when I sold them they were going for too much to pass up. I thought you were tearing out the pages. My buddy has a collection of RVB mags (Recreational Vehicle Business). Early 70's magazines. ATV's snowmobiles, bikes. Just about anything off road related. They go for a lot too. One time I'm looking thru one and see an El Burro ad. He rips the page and says take it. I said "do you know what this mag is worth". He didn't care. I got outbid one time for the same issue at $135. What are the cd's going to contain ? Ads or the whole mag ?

Used to love reading those old MBG mags. I may even still have one or two left in my archives somewhere. If they're bringing good money on ebay, I may have to sell out, I need to replenish my Paypal acct.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to scan & save 'em.

mardyn

Not sure yet how many magazines I will include on each of the DVD's but will contain more then one entire magazine from cover to cover all color pages will be as they were from the original printing. What you will receive is a PDF doc of each magazine starting with the front cover ending with the back of the rear cover. The PDF will read just like a book as well as allow you to print to paper. My main goal is to preserve the info contained within the pages and help revitalize the mini bike community. I have many other magazines as well as articles covering many other mini bikes so there will be extras included on many of the first DVD's.:thumbsup:

mcbob

Just be a bit careful on infringing copyright if that you plan on what your saying as it amazes me that after all these years the origional publisher might not be as dead and buried as you think.

Mc Bob.

Just be a bit careful on infringing copyright if that you plan on what your saying as it amazes me that after all these years the origional publisher might not be as dead and buried as you think.

Mc Bob.
mcbob I couldn't agree with you more!! That is why I have held off from republishing. Being a music producer I know full well of the ramifications of copy right infringement. I know that there is a statue of limitations just don't know the time frame before they become public domain? Any help would be greatly appreciated:thumbsup: