Search results

1. FirePowerMinis

Tec flywheel/ignition question

Is the trigger magnet isolated from the flywheel by the aluminum spacers between them? Essentially, will it still spark without them, and the magnet next to the flywheel? I'm going free-air on my street ride, and looking for as slim a package as reasonably possible. E-start only, after swapping...
  2. FirePowerMinis

You don't have to be a Star, baby...

My HM100 is easing from the back burner, since I scored another shiny bit. 3.514 Wiseco with .490 pin, .595ch
  3. FirePowerMinis

Half speed clutch options?

My Manco yard kart roller needs propulsion. Yeah, Harbor Freight is 3 miles away, but I have a Honda G150 from a snowblower. 18mm chain driven cam is the lone output, but at least it turns the "right" way. The original drive pulley has a 2" long shank that's just over an inch. I can turn it to...
  4. FirePowerMinis

Rup-pony?

VERY crudely stuck together in mini bike shape. Maybe a Roadster II frame? Forks? Wheels? 6 spokes, not 5 like Rupps on the eb, or 4 like CT70 Honda? Brake and speedo drive are nice. Sno Pony 175cc, I have solid info, and it's evolved in to the current Hirth Ultralight/Parasail...
  5. FirePowerMinis

H25A Lauson by Tecumseh

For the Tecsperts; I picked up an H25A- 15-130, and wonder if any info is floating around about this little rascal. It has a 5/8 shaft, likely home-made intake manifold, and what may be a welded cam. A few I didn't grab. Verticals, B&S, stuff I didn't desire 50-60 year old...
  6. FirePowerMinis

GX390 UT1 vs UT2 flywheels

Q: Do any of you know precisely how many degrees difference there is between UT1 and UT2 GX390 flywheels, from key slot to magnet?
  7. FirePowerMinis

Trickin a Tec for Torque

Latest recycling find. 139cc HSK845 ringy-dingy, for $6 including the A/V cart and some 1/2 coarse bolts for my van seat. I'm going to add a reed cage, some timing & compression, and trim the intake skirt for better filling, then see if it improves the curve.
  8. FirePowerMinis

What's this spicy little meatball?

Italian, Franco Morini 50cc auto, maybe 1985, Rivara info seems sparse. I'd like to see what it was like, new. Tank-in-frame, 10" wheels. Smaller than it looks... Likely missing a front fairing. Engine bits are common.
  9. FirePowerMinis

14cc Honda GX Bare Heads $20 Each Or Trade For Tec Parts

Bare, cleaned, unneeded. My parts washer solvent discolored some, but it blasts back to shiny. $20 each plus a couple bucks for the mailman, unless you're accidentally in Flint MI. One is a new clone, with mild porting, others genuine. I need billet rods and cams for an HS50 and HM100
  10. FirePowerMinis

Free Air, like gas stations used to have

With the "real" mini bike engines being an upright finned cylinder, why aren't more run with the breeze to cool them? Stationary or low-speed use isn't what we're doing, so it seems that losing the substantial parasitic drag would be a reasonable gain. Starting has to be addressed, but otherwise...
  11. FirePowerMinis

HP/Torque limits of conventional clutches?

I'm building a twin-engine mini, with each engine being roughly 10hp@6k Will a single premium 3/4 or 1" clutch handle it? Light bike, WAY not-light rider. Gearing 12/72 from jackshaft to wheel. Planning roughly 25% reduction between engines and jackshaft, for 33mph@6k, plenty for me. 15"...
  12. FirePowerMinis

May the (Dura) Force be with you. Aaaaaand, also with you.

Boredom met a piece of aluminum this afternoon. I have a lot more Lawn Boy engines than decks, so I stripped down a pair of Dura Force and made a plate to mount on the Mini Mate. I swapped to Z50 8" wheels, mostly for the brakes, but added height and contact patch will be handy. Being 6'2ish...
  13. FirePowerMinis

Rotting hulk of a tripod nature?

Pulled from the recycling pile. Mistake? Better pics when it quits raining. 5-lug rear wheels. https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14484824_10210309702635801_2211445053358990616_n.jpg?oh=2b5374e8b7b7719e4da3d5716eefe05e&oe=58A8FEC4
  14. FirePowerMinis

HS50 questions

A couple: Are there any steel sleeved blocks? Neither of mine are. If not, is it worth sleeving one? I can do them so cost is low. Are the bearing type covers that much better? I have one, not sure I'll use it. Has any one put needle bearings in a stock block? Either turning crank...
  15. FirePowerMinis

10hp HM100 of any use to recreational machines?

I recall the Star jobs, but does any one run the "regular" ones? I have one on my snowblower, one on a gen-set, plus 2 spares. I think I'll put the Star rod in the 'blower even after price went up on ebay, trim the head and clean up the ports, build a long-tube header. Gennie is getting a...
  16. FirePowerMinis

Wisconsin-Robin-Fuji-Teledyne

125cc commercial mower engine from a Snapper Hi-Vac. They were a pretty high-end machine, but I hate self-propelled mowers so it's getting parted out. Pressed-up crank, steel rod, big bearings. Under-ported and revved to last forever. I had to tap the extra carb stud holes 90 degrees off the...
  17. FirePowerMinis

Lawn Boy Mod Build

I have several 141cc Dura Force engines and plan to do a stocker and a mod version. Several kart/mini installs have been done, by others, so I want to push their potential a bit. I have a M-Series that I'm saving for the wild version. Pic is of an F/V base but same reeds as a DF. I see it as a...
  18. FirePowerMinis

Fat tire fun

I'm planning a fat-tire "mini" and got started on some of the work for the engine. Crappy stock manifold and reed plate. Hopefully less-crappy version. 8 petals vs 3, streamlined intake vs the dead-end.
  19. FirePowerMinis

Mini Mate or Lil' Indian?

Recent find, and I'm just curious to see what it is, and what year. Not that it matters, but... :) I did some reading, and the brothers did a little back & forth with some of the models. No split in the head tube, so not a fully 2-piece frame. Solid-mount pegs, stubby buggers. Engine of...
  20. FirePowerMinis

HS50 max safe revs?

I'm replacing a tired HS40 with a fresh 50, using the aluminum flywheel, stock rod and cam. Porting and .030 cut from head, manifold dent removed. How tight can these be twisted before failing?