Search results

1. OldMinibiker

Predator 212cc For 99.00

I see the Predator 212cc engines are now on sale for a paltry 99.00,At Harbor Freight.:smile: I initially found out thru an email sale.I tried to copy the ad but for some reason it gets cut off. Predator 212 cc OHV Horizontal Shaft Gas Engine - Certified for All States Except California
  2. OldMinibiker

HF Gigantic Tent Event

Not sure if this notice was posted or not but if not a FYI.Harbor Freight is having their 3 day (Aug. 26-28) Gigantic Tent Event,I see the Predator 212cc engine is on sale for 99.00.As well several other good deals on items. Quantities limited and no rain checks. Retail Flyer
  3. OldMinibiker

Will/Won't It Work?

Hi All, I come to you needing help with a question I don't have an answer for.I have ridden a motorized bike pusher for about 3 years now and it's been really enjoyable.The pusher simply pushes the bike and is connected to the bike seat post.I want to change the pusher over to my cargo bike...
  4. OldMinibiker

Free Turning Front Wheels?

Hi All, I'm changing a bicycle trailer(very heavy duty) from one bike to another and now need to add 2 free turning front wheels to the trailer.I tried to figure out something by looking at wagons and go karts online but still not clear on what parts I need. One reason is the wheels won't be...
  5. OldMinibiker

Recoil Assembly?

Hey Guys, I have the original HF 6.5 hp blue clone that was basically a Honda copy and need to replace my recoil assembly cause it's acting up.Anyway in your opinion is it better off to get the Honda one vs the aftermarket one for the clones? I'm looking at NR Racing site and see the Honda...
  6. OldMinibiker

Wrench Workbench Idea!

I ran across this wrench table I thought was so cool and unique I thought I'd share it.Bolt some wrenches together and throw a work bench top on it(instead of glass) and you have a conversation piece for your garage.Fitting for Project Logs. Found it here,more pics also: Plan-Free DIY...
  7. OldMinibiker

Roller Chain Connecting Links Where?

I need to get a few #35 roller chain connecting links but not sure where locally to get em.Does a chain store,hardware,etc carry em? I was looking online but I'm not paying the minimum shipping charges of 5 - 8 dollars for such a cheap part.Where do you get yours? Thanks so much!
  8. OldMinibiker

HP 6.5hp On Sale/20% Off Coupon?

So I got HF's paper in the mail yesterday.They have the 6.5hp engine on sale for 109.00,can I copy the coupon for 20% in the sticky and use it on top of the sale price? If so,wow that would be a total of only about 94.00 bux! Have you actually did it before? Thanks......
  9. OldMinibiker

Custom Length Throttle Cable?

Do you guys know anyone who will make up custom length throttle cable? I need around 118" of cable and maybe 112" of conduit(conduit with metal crimped on ends).I know you can buy bulk and cut it yourself but I'm leery of doing it right,not to mention I'm sure there is some special tools also...
  10. OldMinibiker

What Return Springs?

Hi,(I did a search but with no luck) Hey what return spring(s) are you using on your clones? Have you found there to be differences among springs,do you have a preference of a certain type,strength etc? I ask cause the one hooked up on my clone pulls to much causing me to have to twist my...
  11. OldMinibiker

Pep Boys And Baja Motorsports Woops!

You guys see the 5 million dollar fine Pep Boys along with Baja Motorsports got hit with? It's all over the net now,they were selling non compliant motorcycles,recreational vehicles,generators etc.I wonder if the minibikes were involved.At least 241,000 vehicles are involved.Wow! Pep Boys...
  12. OldMinibiker

Mini Bike Throttle Assembly?

Where do you buy your throttle assembly from? The standard one you always see(pic below) I'm a little reluctant on.Reason is I went to order one from Northern Tool and noticed in the reviews all of the buyers were not happy, They all said they were junk.What say you? Thanks.
  13. OldMinibiker

Idle Screw On Clone?

Where in the freak is the idle screw on the HF 6.5? It seems like my engine is running fast,although it maybe my imagination too.I was hoping to turn down the idle and see where that gets me.Thanks! Curious question,just wondering what makes these type engines louder while running vs a...
  14. OldMinibiker

Wankel Rotary Engine

I had heard the terms wankel and rotary before but really knew little about em.Today I was reading more about these awesome engines.It seems a few companies are now building the rotarys in numbers.I ran across a go-cart site that uses the wankel.What can I say,I'm really impressed! The smaller...
  15. OldMinibiker

Parts

I seen this posting at Yahoo minibike group: if anyone needs parts i have a whole garage of stuff. motors, wheels, rolling frames, complete bikes, i need some money now so i am dealing with whoever needs something. i have honda, bonanza, fox, ruttman, stuff and speedway too a lot to list...
  16. OldMinibiker

Cold Months/Gas?

Hey Ya, For those of you who put your mini's up for the winter months,do you empty out your gas tanks/carb? Or add a fuel stabilizer? Whats best? Thanks.
  17. OldMinibiker

How Many Miles On A Tank?

Any of you know about how many miles(the range) you can go on a full tank of gas with the HF 6.5 clone?(Of course it's going to vary) I have a bicycle pusher that uses the clone engine and am just curious how far I can get before refill. So far I've passed 2 cops with no problems.Hopefully it...
  18. OldMinibiker

Honda 900 Go-Kart

So what does a go-kart with a Honda 900 engine in it look like,run like and perform like? You be the judge,its a riot.... YouTube - Monster Go Kart PS-Look Ma,no helmet.Dumba**
  19. OldMinibiker

6.5 Clone Gas Lever?

Hi All, I have the old style HF 6.5 clone engine.What I was wanting to know is how is the gas lever supposed to be used? The other day I was experimenting and while the engine was running,I moved the lever to off.After waiting a bit the engine shut-off.I assume it ran out of gas.Anyway a couple...
  20. OldMinibiker

3.5 hp vs 6.5hp Chain

Ya Ya, Have a question,not sure if it can be answered though.Ok say you have a 3.5 modern Briggs engine in your frame.Now you pull it and put in a HF 6.5 engine in. Question is,will the chain still be in the same place? In other words will the chain be moved over more(towards mini frame tubing)...