threads

1. oldfatguy

cutting threads on a jackshaft

I replace the jack shaft on my gokart recently. I bought a 14 " long 5/8" jackshaft from OldMiniBikes warehouse and some bearings. [ thanks for the fast service and nice quality parts ] I had to find a way to cut threads on both ends of it for it to work. Having the keyway groove on it was...
  2. The Restore Kid

Sticky Threads, and the people that need them

SO.. Before I forget, I'm gonna make one for a Briggs 3 horse governor. There needs to be one for every governor/throttle systems.. Then there's the guy asking about the clutch lubing.. EASY to do, HARD as hell to explain.. Why not a sticky thread with pics? :shrug: So we've got Briggs 2-3.5...
  3. Clayon

Stripped out exhaust port threads

I bought a 3hp Briggs motor a few months back for $12.50, the exhasut port threads that you screw the muffler into where mildly worn allowing the muffler to loosen up while running the engine. I tried a jam nut in the end of the muffler but it still won`t work. This brings me to my question...
  4. S

Exhaust port threads

Does anyone know what size the threads are on a tecumseh H30-H50 engines. I noticed that you can either use a flanged muffler or thread in a pipe. is it 3/4 inch??? 5/8 any one know? Aaron
  5. korndog

Fire Extinguisher Threads

Thinking about sacrificing one of my 2.5 Lb. chrome extinguishers for a gas tank project. Anybody know what thread size the valve body screws into on a 2 1/2 pound dry chemical cylinder? I'm hoping it's 3/4" NPT but don't want to empty this thing for no reason. Thanks KD
  6. korndog

Cleaning up threads

I went to get a few replacement taps and dies and saw some thread restorer kits. Any advantage to using these instead of a garden variety tap and die set?
  7. klapool

how to threads

I have been using the info of this site for several months now and I am in awe of the skills represented on this board. I hold my hat off to you all. The question I have is, is there any "How To" threads. For example, I received about $150.00 in Harbor Freight gift cards for my birthday...
  8. M

5/16" X 24 Threads on the end of the Crankshaft???

I'm setting up a clone motor and me and the bolt guy were totally surprised to discover that the bolt to hold my TAV on was 5/16 fine thread - does anyone understand why it is?? :confused::confused::confused: Everything else seems to be metric
  9. M

Cutting Threads

so i wanted to thread some stuff in the past, just some regular mild steel round stock. but i was told that i cant just use the tap and die set i have to do this, i was told i need 3 different taps to thread this rod. so im just wondering if anyone here knows what exactly i need. i want to get...
  10. born loser

3.5 briggs: What threads in crank?

Sorry, just need to know what size bolt I need for the end of the crank on a (newer) 3.5 Briggs. Is it 1/4-something?:confused: Thanks for the help, I dont have the engine here, and need to buy the bolt.:smile::doah:
  11. madmaxthemic

threads on shaft

Yeah, this GX120 does not have a key way and has threads on the end of the shaft. Is this something that can be a problem for mounting a clutch or do I need to change that crankshaft.
  12. G

Can't reply to some threads here

You try to help someone then submit and the reply is lost. WTF? :out: Damn frustrating on longer replies and you have to cut and paste and PM just in case just to get your reply to the member! :censure::censure::out::censure: