"BRRRRRUUUUPPPP" 2016 Build Off Vintage Open "1964" Rupp

buckeye

F

First thank you Hent for hosting this great forum.
I have gained tremendous knowledge from my 5 years or so of my membership.
Good stuff and has kept me out of prison..:confused:

Bill and Pat, big shout out. It can not be a bit of fun baby sitting a bunch of grown men and ladies.:rolleyes:
Thanks guys.:thumbsup:

I just can't sit back and watch. This stuff is way to much fun.:grind:
So, here I am jumping in with both feet. And all my fingers, for now anyway.:laugh:

Gave ya'll a few weeks head start to level the playing field.:rolleyes:

Picked this beauty up from Rick when he came down this fall.
From the little bit of research have done, I believe, it is a 1964 Rupp Continental.

If not exact model, close enough.:laugh:

No exotic restore at all. I am just going to do it as I want. :blink:

May or may not use that Briggs.:confused:

May or may not use the Pred.:confused:

I am going for a nice comfortable, throttle responsive, everyday street rider.:scooter:

Thanks for letting me play and good luck to all participants. :thumbsup:

Let the good times roll..:gunsmilie:

Nice to see you joined Tom :thumbsup: I think the clone would fit better than the Briggs :shrug: I think that big Briggs tank will hit the frame but the clone tank might be hard to get the gas cap off :doah:

Oh grasshopper you have come so far , the rice paper was your final test , now go out and complete this build off ! Briggs to Tec carb , loose the tank !

Nice entry Tom!! And nice collection in the back!! :thumbsup: Hopefully the tires wont give you too much trouble!! :laugh:

buckeye

Nice to see you joined Tom :thumbsup: I think the clone would fit better than the Briggs :shrug: I think that big Briggs tank will hit the frame but the clone tank might be hard to get the gas cap off :doah:
Either engine won't have their tanks.:wink:

Nor their stock carbs. .:rolleyes:

Tom nice bike to build . If it were me I would run the Briggs with one of my custom manifolds , and a clone carb or a tec adjustable.
Good luck with the build .

buckeye

That's funny Randy. I thought you figured I was shopping.:doah:
Haven't bought though.

David, that may just be the ticket. I want to keep the Briggs but, don't want to fight it everything I want to ride it.
Thanks.
Jdogg, got a couple of them in the back round. .:laugh:

Great bike to build for sure. I notched the tank to fit the briggs on my rupp lol should have just gone with a different carb but the tank was junk anyway. What better excuse can you get to build a bike. Are you going to use both sets of forks on it :laugh: just gave me an idea :thumbsup:

buckeye

Everything dismantled and degreased!!

Ya'll better watch out now..:laugh:

There are so many great builders and great entries.

One of the best build offs to date.:thumbsup: