"BRRRRRUUUUPPPP" 2016 Build Off Vintage Open "1964" Rupp

Tom if you have an carb issues , I know where you can get a custom manifold to make things work . Build is looking good though . It's hard getting things done on bikes anymore, I'am with you to many other projects.

buckeye

Thanks all who have commented.
Mostly chit chat here.:laugh:
Not much building. :hammer:
Dave, thanks for your offer. One if these days one of your fine fabrications will grace one of my bikes.
Got one coming for the carb I am using.

I have one of those 206 Briggs engines, only 19 hours on it. It has a weird 7/8" tapered shaft though. :eek:ut: Off of a MTD/Troybilt chipper shredder that shredded itself at the 19 hour mark :crying:

I have one of those 206 Briggs engines, only 19 hours on it. It has a weird 7/8" tapered shaft though. :eek:ut: Off of a MTD/Troybilt chipper shredder that shredded itself at the 19 hour mark :crying:
Busted rod? Quas-animal had the governor spool drop into the rod...burned the rod up and when it busted it scored the crank. You can find NOS cranks on e-Bay for a good price.

Prompt for the Buckeye....

Picture of the raw material for Buckeye's fuel storage/supply system. Stainless dryer vent hose clamps (no gears), 3 inch tractor exhaust clamps, fuel tank courtesy of Delray and the top plate is on the way from Turk Bros. A little grinding, a little shaping and some massaging for Mr. Buckeye. Now if Mr. Buckeye kicks it into gear, there might be something to put this do-dad on or is he a red-nose bound?:laugh:

Attachments

Busted rod? Quas-animal had the governor spool drop into the rod...burned the rod up and when it busted it scored the crank. You can find NOS cranks on e-Bay for a good price.
Buckeye, I like your Rupp so far!

Pete I sent you a PM so I don't hijack/derail Buckeye's thread with my 206 questions :laugh:

buckeye

Oh my...that tank is going places..

Now if the engine runs.:laugh:

Thanks so much Pete. Excellent work.:punk:
You can find some deals. I'I'm cheap so, I try to get by easy.

buckeye

No red nose here.:eek:ut:
Not giving all my secrets out.:wink:
Hell, while ya'll are showing off what you have done, I'll just be finished paying my builder..er I mean, finished painting..:laugh:

I showed some photos a year or two ago of the shop that one of the Docs I work with has.
I have a key..:thumbsup:
Bead blaster, paint booth, every kind of welder made, and every tool a man could ever use.
Bike is going inside..:grind:

No red nose here.:eek:ut:
Not giving all my secrets out.:wink:
Hell, while ya'll are showing off what you have done, I'll just be finished paying my builder..er I mean, finished painting..:laugh:

I showed some photos a year or two ago of the shop that one of the Docs I work with has.
I have a key..:thumbsup:
Bead blaster, paint booth, every kind of welder made, and every tool a man could ever use.
Bike is going inside..:grind:
But who will run all that stuff ???????

Picture of the raw material for Buckeye's fuel storage/supply system. Stainless dryer vent hose clamps (no gears), 3 inch tractor exhaust clamps, fuel tank courtesy of Delray and the top plate is on the way from Turk Bros. A little grinding, a little shaping and some massaging for Mr. Buckeye. Now if Mr. Buckeye kicks it into gear, there might be something to put this do-dad on or is he a red-nose bound?:laugh:
Nice job using the exhaust standoffs. Another cool option is to use turbo clamps. Also SS (or monel) they hold very well and do not deform. With that hot rod engine, he's not going to get a lot of run time with that tank. But it will look cool.

diagram200.jpg

buckeye

Thanks for the promps. They go to DST!!:thumbsup:
Dave W, I know a thing or two.:laugh:

These are a cool option too HD.
Don't need much gas for the win.:wink:

Turbo clamps are neat idea. I sent a mock up to Tom, and he should post it. The tank is tight on Quas-Animal's top plate...hopefully a little more room on the one from Turk Bros. It'll be attached so he can remove it and run a larger external tank on the frame if need be. The hose clamps will be sleeved with fuel line inside the mounts to limit metal fatigue.

delray

round tank

Dr.shop teacher, take you posted where made in clinton,wi . they came with a off set drain and i had to heat the solder/seam and seperate them and clean..clean and clean them and then solder them back together with the drain facing straight down and then pressure test them for leaks.......:thumbsup:
i do make a larger tank that measures 3.5 x 8 or 7 1/2 or 7 long. clinton tanks are little small 7 1/4 x 3 good for short runs(30-45mins) and vintage two cycle engines.

tom if you think in the future you will need a larger tank for road trips ....:laugh:(windber parade) let me know ....:thumbsup: