I have a few questions that I need answered. Please help!!

First, what is the difference between the baja warrior and the mb200 in terms of speed, which one (or both) comes with/without torque converter, and accelerating power?

Second, does the baja warrior come with a torque converter already on it, because the picture I see on the Tractor Supply Company website shows one on it, but all the videos I have seen about it show people putting a TAV on them.

Thirdly, are there any other legitimate businesses (other than Tractor supply) that I can buy a baja warrior mini bike from?

Fourthly, when I try to purchase the baja warrior from tractor supply, it says "In select stores only" and when I different stores it says the same thing. or could I just call my local tractor supply and have them ship it from another store that has it?

Thanks for all of your help!

joekd

Warrior/Heat/MB165 were the older models with the 196CC 6.5 HP clone motor, the MB200 is the newer model with a slightly larger motor. It also has little differences like a storage compartment in the fake gas tank. I alse believe the MB200 used plastic fenders while th eothers used metal.

None of them came with a torque converter, they all uses a jackshaft setup with a cover that looks very similar to a TAV.

I bought my Baja Heat from Dicks sporting goods, they had it on end of season clearance. My Warrior I bought used off CL.

You can find a lot of these bikes on CL that have barely been ridden for great prices

buckeye

Yes to all the above from Joek.
I would pick one up off cl. I got two for one. And cheap. Sold one and made a buck and have a free one.

I've picked all of mine up on CL for less than $100 and usually have to spend about $40-$50 to get them in riding condition. Last one I picked up for $35 and spent $45 to be able to ride it.

ok, thx guys. now just a couple more questions.

first, if I put a TAV on a baja warrior or mb200 how low can i gear it so it can reach the highest top speed possible? 1:3? 1:2? maybe even 1:1?

second, if I gear it super low, say 1:1, then will I have any ability to take off from stop with the torquee converter on? ( I know that without a torque converter and geared at like 1:1, then you can't exactly take off, unless you get a push or something first, but what about with a torque converter? is take off the same? or different?)

lastly, can someone post step-by-step instructions on here on how to put a torque converter on a mb200? or maybe post a video? or both?

thanks guys!

RobK

Kind of odd questions. An MB200 with a torque converter on a stock 6.5 engine gives you pretty good acceleration and a top speed of about 34mph. Add a header and less restrictive intake and you're good for about 38mph. After that I suppose you could put a smaller gear on the rear and increase the top speed. With only a mediocre rear brake, I don't think I'd want to be going much faster.

joekd

lastly, can someone post step-by-step instructions on here on how to put a torque converter on a mb200? or maybe post a video? or both?
Search youtube, there is a video of a guy putting one on a warrior that was very helpful when I first did mine.

If you get the stamped backplate and not the cast one it's pretty simple though. Remove jackshaft, bend jackplate mount hole behind motor flat, cut off the front chainguard mount, install TAV.

The cast backplate requires you to do some grinding first.

ok, thx guys. now just a couple more questions.

first, if I put a TAV on a baja warrior or mb200 how low can i gear it so it can reach the highest top speed possible? 1:3? 1:2? maybe even 1:1?

second, if I gear it super low, say 1:1, then will I have any ability to take off from stop with the torquee converter on? ( I know that without a torque converter and geared at like 1:1, then you can't exactly take off, unless you get a push or something first, but what about with a torque converter? is take off the same? or different?)

thanks guys!
no need to change the rear sprocket just change the 10 tooth on the jack shaft to a 12-14 tooth,with the low range take off you have with the TAV it will still be better than the stock jack shaft.

the installation for both Baja models are identical, i own both and there are only subtle differences between the two models that don't affect the torque converter install. As you were already informed of, Youtube has some great vids on installing the torque converter, they were very helpful, as the torque converter I purchased did not have any installation directions, just a very generic drawing of the parts included in the kit, one piece of advice, there is a right way and a wrong way to install the belt on the TC, tapered side to the drive unit ( out), straight side to the engine ( i found out the hard way)...

ok, thanks for all of your help guys, but I have another question and I can't find any videos on this. so my question is, is it possbile to put a simple transmission on the mini bike to allow the engine to shift gears and therefore be able to achieve super high speeds without sacrificing take-off acceleration? it seems reasonable that this wouldbe equal to or do more for top speed and take-off acceleration than a TAV kit, taking off the governor, adjusting the air intake, adding an air filter, and etc combined. Also, if this is possible to do, can someone post step-by-step instructions on how or make a video of how to do this and post it on here?

thanks again everyone