NGK hot racing coil

Anyone seem the NGK hot racing coil selling on eBay for gx200 / clones ? Anybody bought one yet and is it a performance coil and if so how well does perform compared to a stock coil. Anyway to increase spark output of a stock coil ?

Yeah, red wire or black wire or blue wire , cool ! but does it make the coil better and hotter ? I messaged the seller but won't give me any info on coil. Told me to contact NGK about spec.s and performance of racing coil.

Yeah, red wire or black wire or blue wire , cool ! but does it make the coil better and hotter ? I messaged the seller but won't give me any info on coil. Told me to contact NGK about spec.s and performance of racing coil.
Yea I looked on his web site and noticed you can buy that red wire and boot for $29.00 > :shifty:

he may just be replacing the wire, it would remove the resistor so his claim of hotter spark would sorta be valid but for a couple of bucks you could replace the cap and have the same thing. I can't believe ngk would make a hot coil for such a small market.

Interesting, I was looking at the same thing last night. I went to the ngk website and got nothing as far as the coil is concerned. I think the seller (as stated before) just put the ngk wire on the stock coil. Amazon sells the same coil for a little less ngk # 8048(with free shipping if you have amazon prime). HTH, Lyle

PS: I just bought 2 of them, one for the monster moto and another for a sears drover (recently purchased). Both have 212cc predators installed. I'm building another bike, started today on that.:thumbsup::biggrin:

Last edited:

Hent

Glad I saw this.

Seems he also helped himself to some of our pictures.

Guess we'll get that cleared up :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Yup, This dude thinks he's being slick and has probably fooled alot of innocent people so far. hope everybody catches on quick to his scam. If you rip people off then you will get ripped off eventually.