Powell Bro Serial Numbers List

Guys,

I do not see serial numbers on my Powell. Are they all on the top rail next to the Spring looking gismo that the shifter fits into? Like in that picture earlier in this thread where the Letter L was?

I would like to add my serial number to the Forum. I would also like for a collector to get ahold of the bike.

I have a Vintage 5 hours Briggs I was going to stick in it too. Ill post the serial numbers for the Powell and the Briggs. The Briggs are easy to see.
GD
Yes they are located on the top frame rail close to the steering neck..
spring shifter model would more then likley be a model D

barn bike Pioneer Powell enterprises oakland ca

Found a barn bike, frame number 308119, briggs and stratton model # 142302, looks like it was modified for mail delivery...any info on this bike would be much apprieciated...as looking to do a restoration. Stickers on bike say,
Pioneer
Powell Enterprises
160 Caipo Rd Oakland Ca

there are other numbers on the stickers that have been lost to time. Hope this helps.

Found a barn bike, frame number 308119, briggs and stratton model # 142302, looks like it was modified for mail delivery...any info on this bike would be much apprieciated...as looking to do a restoration. Stickers on bike say,
Pioneer
Powell Enterprises
160 Caipo Rd Oakland Ca

there are other numbers on the stickers that have been lost to time. Hope this helps.
Dude post up some pics of the bike we all would like to see it . And what do you mean moded for mail delivery?

Just picked up 1537-C today....but she's in poor shape. Forks and most of the frame there with a bonus kickstand. Some sort of dirtbike grafted on to the back of the frame and the 10" spoke wheels on it.

Tom, sounds like you bought what I'm trying to build, and spending $1000s on. Maybe I should look at pics of yours and save myself a little money. Just kidding. Have a great Christmas.

Jesse Wulf

Model D

If you have or know of someone who has a Powell Mini Bike no matter what condition or shape please post the serial in this thread.
The serial number will be stamped into the frame on the upper frame rail just in front of where the front fork connects to the frame..Thanks

Steve Durham and a few others who own Powell are trying to put together as much info on the Powells as possible and need this info for a future conversation with Allen Powell son of one of the late Powell Brothers.

Hey Don, I finally uncovered the serial number of the bike I bought from Rockwall, it's 3867 D.

Jesse Wulf

Hey Bab........and it will......i have grown to love the looks of this frame and bike.....you have a really sweet one there.......i hope when i start i can draw on your knowledge of the powell........in my research however i have yet to find a similiar looking frame....mine seems to be solid........and am i right? could this possibly be a 68 model? Thankyou for your reply too.......