Tecumseh 5HP exhaust pipe/muffler

I have each I will measure up a HS50 pipe versus a H35 unit after work, but I believe the OD is the same I know of 6 different models im sure there are more.

Yes they are different for the HS50, the outside diameter is the same on both pipes but the opening right behind flange is tapered down on the smaller ones, and the HS50 one is straight. They will all bolt up to a HS motor but the HS50 ones have a different flange, it matches the port opening of the bigger motor. I had one of the smaller ones on my Ruttman and it worked just fine, but I did switch to a larger one and I (think) I noticed a difference. Keep looking, they are out there:thumbsup:

markus

Yes they are different for the HS50, the outside diameter is the same on both pipes but the opening right behind flange is tapered down on the smaller ones, and the HS50 one is straight. They will all bolt up to a HS motor but the HS50 ones have a different flange, it matches the port opening of the bigger motor. I had one of the smaller ones on my Ruttman and it worked just fine, but I did switch to a larger one and I (think) I noticed a difference. Keep looking, they are out there:thumbsup:
I snapped a some pics of what mark is talking about, the larger one actually was on a sears bike when I got it, looks like its going to match up just right on the el tigre I just got that has an hs50 on it as well (even where the extension mounts to the fender). Now all I have to do is try and make it look better:doah:

I measured almost an 1/8" difference in the I.D.

I snapped a some pics of what mark is talking about, the larger one actually was on a sears bike when I got it, looks like its going to match up just right on the el tigre I just got that has an hs50 on it as well (even where the extension mounts to the fender). Now all I have to do is try and make it look better:doah:

I measured almost an 1/8" difference in the I.D.

Agreed I was on the phone with mmisterbungl last night and we were talking about this so I measured some up came with the same conclusion the H35 tube is the same dia but tapers down just before the flange

:laugh:^^^

When I first saw one of the pipes with the tapered end right before the flange, I thought I had a freak pipe that someone broke and performed some very sneaky means of fitment back together. Then I got another one just like it later down the road:scared: It looks ugly but now I know why they are like that.

If someone were a fabrication guru like some of the guys on here are.....I would be trying my best to replicate these pipes and sell them. There would be quite a good market for them for sure.:shrug: Put me down for 10 .

If someone were a fabrication guru like some of the guys on here are.....I would be trying my best to replicate these pipes and sell them. There would be quite a good market for them for sure.:shrug: Put me down for 10 .
why:shrug: why:shrug: do i do what i do:shrug:
what have i possibly got myself into this time .......

is this what every one is looking for ? yes no close not even

jrzmac

yeah! thats it, it's just gotta get cut down a little bit. in most of the pics i've seen, the muffler part should line up with the air cleaner.

one of the obstacles I see with re-popping them is that end cap looks to be either a stamping or pressing done in a set of dies.....then crimped or screwed together with the can and welded to the mandrel bent tubing...you can whittle out a few home-made ones that will look close but will never be an "exact" replica if that's what people are after...it would take a sizable investment to replicate them exactly...just my 2 cents....

btw is there any difference between the fancy chrome plated ones and the plain steel rusty ones that I find......they kinda look the same?

Last edited:

and that is the one with 90 bends

then another one not sure pf the bends havnt checked it out yet .
but if this is looking like somethig you may want or need let me know .

KustomKartKid your wright there is no way that anyone could do a perfect copy . close but not prefect not with out alot of work and time in each one .